Thread: Skype bug over Windows

Skype bug over Windows

I am having one issue with the Skype which is not working with then system of mine which is running with then Windows 7. I have installed then Skype 5.0 but this is not working. Whenever i am trying to launch the Skype it just crashes on the desktop. While searching regarding the issue on internet i come to know by an article which is saying that this is a bug of Skype 5.0. Is it true or i will try some other solution. Please suggest me with the proper reasoning. Thanks in advance.

Re: Skype bug over Windows

Yes you are right about the Bug in Skype. According to the official blog l Company, an overload of instant messaging server v.5.0.0152 caused the accident, since roughly 50% of users worldwide run this version. Although most were still available supernodes, the security of those included measures to protect the excess traffic to connect, when the load between servers intensifies.

Windows users trying to restart the application v5.0.0152, adding stress on the supernodes. Rabbe described as a cycle of feedback, and with each cycle were falling more supernodes. Skype has developed a new beta version to replace the defective version of Windows, and is seeking to change its testing process to avoid similar mistakes in the future. While much attention and services the company will be strengthened in 2011 with a new round of investment. Now if the situation falls well Skype and the culprit is Windows, it sounds strange but is what they are saying

Skype returns to its failure last week to provide further explanation. A bug in a version of Windows client has been the root of the problem.An older version of Skype client for Windows is the cause of the recent global turmoil has hit the Internet phone service. A blackout that lasted nearly 24 hours. In the first explanation had been given and had shed light on how Skype is based on a P2P network. The Director of Information Systems Skype goes further into detail.In a note posted on the official blog of Skype , Lars Rabbe said that the version 5.0.0.152 of Skype client for Windows was not able to properly handle delayed answers from overloaded servers.

Because of this bug to crash the client has had serious consequences to the extent that it was nearly 50% of all Skype users worldwide. Among these clients, about 40% planted while incorporating 25 to 30% of available public network supernodes. Even for users on any version of Skype, the service then became unavailable. To cope, thousands of dedicated new supernodes were introduced into the network. The return to normal took place gradually. This mishap of course Skype will learn, even if it surprising that despite a long development cycle and passage through public betas, a bug with such consequences may have passed between the cracks. Skype particular intention to review its processes to provide automatic updates to its users so they have the latest version of the software.