Thread: Coach MDT 2010 with windows 7

My PC getting restart after installing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 on windows 7

The computer boots fine using PXE (I also burned to a CD ISO image that was generated and I have the same problem) I see the wallpaper Microsoft Solution Accelerators and when I see the task window (window that says "Select a task sequence to be executed this computer"), the computer restarts! So my two questions are:
    • Is there a way to have a log elsewhere than on my PC (since my PC has a blank HD and WinPE runs in memory)
    • Does someone already had this problem and has the solution

Re: Coach MDT 2010 with windows 7

Have you included the correct drivers for the network card pc reference? You take the most current drivers on the site builder, integrate and update your deployment share. And one more time burn your iso and try again. If you can do this in a VM so it is the ideal because you avoid problems with future driver and especially that you can create snapshots so you back in time for your tests easily. It avoids you burn a cd every time.

I do not think this is a problem of drivers. In November, I installed a server for MTD. I did several tests that have worked well. My problem is that this server out of disk space, so I installed another disk. I then redid the procedure by pointing to the new disk and this is "new program" that plant. I use the drivers I had on my old drive. If I boot a PC with a program that still points to my old drive, no problem, the PC installs fine. For this reason I was wondering if there was a way to send the logs to another PC, I would see maybe where it crashes.

Ok, when you say you redid the procedure by pointing to the new drive. Do you mean that you have copied the contents of the old deployment which is share on the new disc? You should check your file bootstrap.ini and see if it get the proper setup or not and the UNC path in the properties of the deployment you just share that.

No, I have not copied the contents of the old disk. I have a new deployment share and I import my old OS disk. Thank you for these possible solutions, but my bootstrap.ini pointing to the new deploy root and this information was inscribe automatically when I created my new Deployment Share. You do not really know a way to see step-by-step what happens?

Yes, you should file bdd.log analysis with Trace32 (Trace32 is included in sccm Toolkit v2) You could set the variable as an example SLShareDynamicLogging = \ \ MDT01 \ Logs $ \ in your CustomSettings.ini for real-time log. Just like that, your new server using MDT 2010 and MDT 2010 Update 1? Because as I put in first it may be AC is a driver problem. You'd have to give me more details and I also know if you tried to recreate a TS.