Thread: Audio/video is not working together in Windows Media Player.

Audio/video is not working together in Windows Media Player.

I have been reading here that evidently there is a fix for video and sound with Windows 7 Media Center. I have tried all I could think of but audio still delay a few second or behind the video. It is quite difficult to watch Live TV in this way. I don’t know why is this happens because before few days it was working so fine. I am using windows 7 32 bit and sound card is a Creative SB audigy 2. I am also using TV tuner card Philips SAA7130. If anybody having solution on this so please let me know.

Re: Audio/video is not working together in Windows Media Player.

I think you are using is a Philips SAA7130 TV tuner card so it come out the System necessities are for Windows 98SE,windows ME, windows 2000 and Windows XP Operating Systems. As another option, you can try installing the device driver with compatibility mode and then start the TV tuner setup once more. For this follow these simple steps. First set the driver installation file in the computer. Now right click on the driver installation file and click on Properties or Compatibility Tab. Set the suitable options in by using the list in the image. Now click on apply or on ok. Click right button on the file and click on Run as Administrator for installation. Then your problem will resolve.

If this all problem happen only with Windows Media Center for watching live TV or if you are using any third party software which includes any codek pack on your computer. Then uninstalled all and then again reinstall then all with new updated copy. You also need to update your sound card driver and TV tuner card drivers from the official web sites. If it’s still not working then check that same media player with another computer then you can find where the exact problem is and then you can proceed further.

I think this problem might be occurring due to your receivers issue with audio signal, it may be post processing this sounds with delay. You need to verify your receiver has the capability to modify the delay. If you have any method of testing the audio independent of your recipient then you can also provide you a hint as to where be the exact problem lies. You need to also check that same video on another computer there might be chances that video is damaged or corrupted.

In case hardware device that is not working appropriately with your computer, you possibly require an updated driver. There are three different ways to update a driver: make use of Windows Update. You might require setting Windows Update to automatically download and install suggested updates. Set up software from the device maker. E.g. if your device came with a disc, that disc may include software that installs a driver for the device.