Thread: Search option not identified Album Artist Tag in Windows Media Center

Search option not identified Album Artist Tag in Windows Media Center

My guess is that when you have a collection album with numerous artists, the album artist tag for every track is supposed to be position to various artists and every single track will have an exceptional artist tag. In windows media center when searching for an artist it properly displays the unique artist tag from the collection album, though the problem is that when I try to actually run the track it only displays a message song list is empty. Has anybody else encountered this problem? If any suggestion then please let me know.

Re: Search option not identified Album Artist Tag in Windows Media Center

I know some steps for this by using this you can resolve this issue.
    First you will require to do is allow the viewing of hidden files and folders by using the control panel. Start the control panel by clicking on start menu and choose Personalization and Appearance. After that on next screen select the option below the folder options marked display Hidden Files and Folders. Once we can observe hidden folders open up Windows Explorer by using the programs menu and find the way to the C: Users folder and open the folder by using the similar name as your username. Within it you will now get a somewhat clear folder named AppData. Now open this folder then find the way into the >local>Microsoft>ehome folder within it. You should now be in C :> Users>USERNAME>local>Microsoft>ehome and there can be a folder named Art Cache. Click right button on this folder and choose the delete option. Now restart your computer and check.

As observe your unknown folder in windows media player if you removed the data from this folder, choose them all then right click and delete and confirm you only remove them from your list not your computer when it demands you. Now click right button on windows media player just over the search box and to the left side of the play then burn and sync tabs you should obtain a menu come out. Choose tools then advanced then restore removed library albums this will again add your files and put them in their right album folders.The problem you explain is often caused by an incredibly huge song collection and you may require doing again the process to get free of the unknown folder.The over assumes that your file tags are properly place of course and unknown is not the name of an album.

I believe that the Album or Artist collection in Media Center is just that. I utilize the artist tag and set albums under that artist, it is not a diverse tag at all. The just spare tag that media center identify is the composer, you could try using that to set the various artists. I have used simple Tag for the only some MP3s I have and it works very fine including adding the composer tag, it can do group updates as well.

There are lots of different reasons for this problem for this you can check first the setting of the windows media center if there search option is locked or not. If not then you can check play list is there any encrypted file is present in the list then might be this problem occur so if there is the same problem first you need to extract that file and the check or at last install new updated copy of this application.