Thread: Windows 7 Media Player 12 unable Open Completely

Windows 7 Media Player 12 unable Open Completely

A moment ago installed windows 7 ultimate on my desktop PC and soon after that windows 7 media player turned into unresponsive. I snap the icon and have moved out to the file straightly and the player begins to unwrap, but then suspends and is non-reactive. The barely choice I enclose is to shut by the use of Windows task manager. I have done several things in my PC. I have re-installed the entire windows Media player once again including all of its components. Turned off the security software and also the firewall but nothing going too worked at all. There are no network drives connected to the WMP. Among 10 tries I only able to open it completely at once, But unable to close it. I still not able to find out what is causing this even though both OS and WMP12 are the brand new versions. Please help me to resolve this problem.

Re: Windows 7 Media Player 12 unable Open Completely

I think that the startup is interfering with your windows Media player 12. Have you configured the right settings for WMP12? Turn of some of the services that are taking much CPU usage. Also deselect several options from media player like update from internet, play files directly from internet, internet Radio etc and see how will this work. It seems to me that the cause is probably due to internet. The WMP is not communicating properly and updating though. So you need to deselect those related options.

Commencing your crisis explanation I would imagine that various environment program or services might be originating this issue. Hygienic boot may be the preeminent resolution to settle on that application or player.
    Clean Boot process:
    • Go to “Start menu” and type “msconfig.exe” in its Search box, and press ENTER. This will open the “System Configuration Utility”. It may ask for administrator password.
    • Then go to General tab, there click “Selective Startup”, and select to wipe out the “Load startup items” check box.
    • Move to Services tab, pick the “Hide all Microsoft services” check box, and afterward clack “Disable all”.

It seems to me that that system registry might have been changed or altered and due to this reason it is crashing WMP12. To confirm to run a registry cleaner or a registry scanner. My best option is Norton 360 registry scan, run this utility and see whether there is any wrong in system registry or not. If the registry has been corrupted or altered then you might need to reformat the system to resolve it.

As far as I know if any files that related to WMP12 has been corrupted or deleted somehow then this kind of issue might occurs. How long have you been using WMP12? Is it the fresh installation? If not, then I urge you to scan for system files. Open command prompt in your computer and type sfc/scannow and hit enter. Restart the computer, you will get to know if there is any problem in system files.

Did you try the Windows 7 troubleshooter? If any issue occurs in your computer then the first you need to refer the troubleshooter feature included in your OS. This will help you to get rid of several minor issues. Then go for other method like one I am going to explain here and the method is as follow
    • Go to Start menu and in the search box write cmd.exe
    • Right click on cmd.exe icon and select Run as Administrator
    • Type the following command in that window
    • net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add
    • Now hit Enter and reboot the system.