Thread: Windows Media Player 12 or CD/DVD drive does not support gapless burn

Windows Media Player 12 or CD/DVD drive does not support gapless burn

When annoying to perform gapless burn via Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7 PC, acknowledged a memo situating that CD/DVD drive does not hold up gapless burn. The drive is fraction of desktop bought 3 months back. Later I assumed that it might be the fact of drivers. For that reason I went to manufacturer of CD/DVD and got the update for my drive. Even after this also the gapless burn not worked at all. I have noticed other Windows 7 related forums also and many are getting the similar kind of issues. What should I do to resolve this problem? Should I need to replace my disk drive to facilitate the WMP12 gapless burn? Which drives are compatible to do this task? Please provide me some useful information about this.

Re: Windows Media Player 12 or CD/DVD drive does not support gapless burn

As far as I know Windows Media Player 12 does support gapless burning. Now what you have to do is change settings for burning a CD/DVD in Windows Media Player 12.
    • Go to Start Menu >All Programs> Windows Media Player.
    • Click the “Switch to Library” switch in the upper-right spot of the Player.
    • There click on “Burn” tab.
    • There you will get the “Burn options” button, click on that and select “More burn options”.
    • Now do some following changes

Burn CD without gaps- Choose this check box only if you don't wish for two-second gaps among every song on CDs that you are going to burn.

Windows Media Player routinely inserts a two-second break among songs when burning audio CDs. To take away the places flanked by songs, you may perhaps make use of an audio file editor to get rid of the intervals. This is the best method to do so instead of hunting for other compatible CD/DVD. There is option to remove those breaks in WMP12 burn option. If this option still won’t work for you then assume that either your system or CD/DVD itself is not compatible to do so.

If your WMP12 is not capable for gapless burn then here is the best and alternate solution. Get and install Foobar2000 unique version. You require installing the special version for the reason that it encompasses additional plugins. Subsequent to installation shut Foobar2000. Place in a blank CD/DVD. Start over Foobar 2000 and Click on top called Playlist, adjoin the MP3s files you may be fond of to burn. Emphasize each and every one of the MP3 files and right-click. Now choose Write audio CD. That supposed to be it and nothing more you need to do. The default Foobar2000 behavior or settings will write a totally gapless audio CD. You can check it once if you don’t believe it.

Several CDs, when quantities of their songs are ripped, might comprise single or additional seconds of quiet or break during the ripped music file following the music endings. Further CDs possibly will contain quiet breaks at the opening of a few songs. Numerous CDs spot the opening and finishing of songs through the foreword and finish of perceptible sound on every track. The performer repeatedly inserts a two-second breach flanked by songs at the time burning audio CDs to stay the subsequent song from beginning instantly behind the last part of the earlier song. The additional peace gaps integrated in the music files from the burned CDs be capable of generate extended, incompatible silences among songs. In view of the fact that the Player's two-second pause cannot be curved off, the simply method to determine this matter is to utilize an audio file editor to take out the stillness gaps.

I think that for gapless burn Nero is the best option. It has all burning techniques you need and it is compatible to any drive with easiest User interface. There are several additions from Nero. So you can buy depending on your needs. It will offer gapless burn along with ripping. Anyhow the fact is even if your burn your CD with music files as gapless, the first track always contains a 2 second gap or break and the rest of are gapless.