Thread: Missing startup sound or software using sound crash

Missing startup sound or software using sound crash

I have recently upgraded my operating system to windows 7. After upgrading my operating system I am facing various types of problem such as there are no startup sounds. Sometimes while playing the song in my media player, media player crashes. So when I restart the system everything works fine. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem permanently and use the new operating system without any problem.

Re: Missing startup sound or software using sound crash

When you start the system, startup sound appears. If the start up sound does not appear then in that case you need to check if check if the sound driver is installed on your system. If the sound driver is not installed then you may not hear the startup sound. You need to install sound driver and restart the system to check if the startup sound exists. If the sound driver is installed and still you don’t get the startup sound then in that case you might need to update the sound driver. Updating sound driver will solve the missing startup sound problem.

If the media player is crashing then you can fix this problem by installing the latest Windows 7 compatible audio drivers which you can find from the manufacturer website. Sometimes the media player crashes due to the driver problem such that driver conflict with each other. Before the installation of new sound driver you may need to uninstall the existing driver. To uninstall the existing sound driver you may need to follow the steps given below:
    • You need to go to Start/Control Panel/ Device Manager.
    • In the device manager window you need to click on + sign next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
    • Right click the audio driver and select uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and reinstall the new sound driver.
    • After installation of sound driver, you may start media player to check if it is crashing.

One of the common problem because of which sound is missing from the system is due to the Sound Card. You can check the sound card from the device manager. If the sound card is not present then in that case you may open the control panel. In the control panel window, you need to click on “Add Hardware” button. Add Hardware wizard will start. You need to click on “Search for and Install the Hardware Automatically “button. These wizards will automatically search for the sound card and the problem may be resolved.