Thread: Record Audio while it is playing from CD or DVD

Record Audio while it is playing from CD or DVD

I have Adobe Production Premium CS4 but discover that I am not capable to record sounds or audio playing from disc. Soundbooth Help seems to say that it records sound just while it is input to the computer through the mic or Line-In socket, but I cannot be certain this is what the words are saying. Windows 7 Sound Recorder and Audacity appear to act the similar. I utilized to capture sounds playing from CD or DVD on my old PC, that ran Windows XP and Production Premium CS5 but even Auditio does not appear to be able to capture playing audio on my present machines that is windows Vista and Windows 7. I am playing a CD or DVD and requiring to record extracts to hard disk. Is this modifying to Windows to stop what I wish to do, or do I require making few adjustments?

Re: Record Audio while it is playing from CD or DVD

I have a similar trouble what you hear alternative setup by the Creative driver shows as presently unavailable; hence I cannot record streaming audio. My Windows 7 test system that does not have a Creative Labs sound card and driver’s works just well, thus I guess it is a Creative driver trouble. I have submitted a support demand to them but as up till now no answer. If anybody else is suffering the similar troubles I would recommend them to submit a support request to Creative labs. The additional needs they get the earlier they may reply.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon in the Taskbar which you find at the right bottom corner of your display
    2. Select Recording Devices
    3. Click Recording tab, then right click in the list box, select Show Disabled Devices
    4. Scroll down and right click on "What U Hear" item, select Enable.

After that you can go to your preferred recording program, utilize "What U Hear" audio device, record what you wish and stock up it in wanted audio format. If that does not assist I would advise you to update the most recent audio drivers which supports windows7 from the maker’s website.

While I followed your commands there were certainly numerous devices unseen on the Recording tab and I have currently made them visible. On the other hand this has not repaired the problem on my Windows 7 machine. I observe that all three of those devices are showing in that dialogue box as being presently Unavailable with no clear way for me to make them available. I have twice clicked on every device and:
    1. Put "use this device” on
    2. Clicked on "Listen to this device"
    3. Distorted the Level from 0 to 100
    4. Switched off Exclusive form

I have as well gone into Adobe Soundbooth and facilitated all the devices there. I have verified windows report that the drivers are advanced. I observe that Realtek have a generic AC97 driver with the similar version as the one setup on my machine but dated some months more new. Would there be any damage in annoying to install it?

I have working with both Rip Vinyl and Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 14 on Microsoft windows vista; unexpectedly they are no extended able to record from Line-in. I exposed that Widows Sound Recorder has taken over the Line-in, leaving me with Windows Rec to record any audio input. The most recent version of Rip Vinyl tells me soundcard is in utilize by some other application, that is Windows Sound Recorder, have not so far figured how to disable it yet.