Thread: Process of scanning and checking the Folders in Media player 12

Process of scanning and checking the Folders in Media player 12

Hey guys, I want to know how the Process of scanning and checking the Folders in Media player 12 takes place when the folder is already in the library. Is it a case of Duplication? I had recently purchased a computer system where I had Linux as operating system but I wanted to Windows & as I love to play games on it. So, I got it replaced by windows 7 but I am getting a problem as you need to update your media player? I did not understand that I payed so much for windows and they atlast they are asking me to update the product. I don’t understand whether the library function in it is working properly or not? If anyone is having any information about this query than please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Process of scanning and checking the Folders in Media player 12

I think that you might be trying rebuilding the media library which is showing the problem in your computer system. But this problem can be easily tackled with help of following steps. Firstly make sure that you need to shut down your windows media player running in your computer system then you need to stop the media sharing service which is very important. This can be achieved by going into to start where you need to click on control panel after that you need to go in All Control Panel Items where you will find an option as Administrative Tools you need to click on that option which has another option in it as Services. After clicking you have to again right click on the ” Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” option there you have to click on Stop button. Then find the way to “c:\Users\” where you need to write your user name followed by /AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. After that you need to delete the files named CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb. Now, you start the media player service. The final step is to start the windows media player and then you need to make your library again.

I think that if you follow the steps than I can assure that it will definitely ix your problem. But you should note that if you miss any of the steps than it will be very difficult to make the library in your computer system. I had missed out and then I was confused that why it is not working. Later on my friend helped me out and showed my error. So, I will suggest you that you should not miss any step while configuring it.

I don't believe that removing the wmdb database removes the ratings, I think that you need to do a fresh install of Windows 7 on a second disk which is very important while installing, all the ratings from the Vista disk were perfectly preserved. You should be also aware that database also plays an important role over here. You might be knowing or not but the database is a part of the wma definition which is quite surprising for the new users.

I had also followed the same steps but in my case I was not able to find the app data folder which must be there in username folder. But I searched and made it refresh but still I was not able to find that folder. So, I was not able to proceed it. I don’t know where the problem is so I was not able to fix my problem. The starting steps I had followed it perfectly but I could not locate the app data folder in the user name folder.

The steps which mentioned are right, as there is no option to solve your problem without this solution. The app data file which you weren’t able to locate is probably hidden. You can make it visible through going into folder option which can be accessed from either windows explorer tool menu or control panel. You need to select the tab change the Hidden files and folder which will give you app data folder back.