Thread: Starting iTunes turns off computer

Starting iTunes turns off computer

Hi all, I have installed the iTunes in my computer and my problem is that it is letting my computer to shut down. It was not the problem earlier. I have just started getting this from last three days. If I try to run the iTunes then it simply turns off the computer and does not allow me to turn that on again. If that is done then I am just left with one option and that is just remove all the power connections for the computer and then connect them back and start that. Now, if I do that again then it shows me the same problem again. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how that can be solve? If you have anything that can help me to get out of this then please let me know that. Thank you.

Re: Starting iTunes turns off computer

You should confirm that the compatibility mode is immobilized within the Compatibility tab of properties intended for iTunes.exe. Attempt these steps to make Windows compatibility mode off:
    1. First of all quit iTunes.
    2. For the Windows XP and Windows 2000: from the Start menu, click on My Computer (otherwise double click My Computer from Desktop).
    3. For Windows Vista and Windows 7: From the Start menu, click on Computer.
    4. From My Computer, open C:\ drive (otherwise whichever disk your Windows is installed).
    5. Now open Program Files folder otherwise "Program Files (x86)" if you are having a 64-bit version for Windows Vista otherwise Windows 7.
    6. Open iTunes folder.
    7. Right-click the iTunes application and from shortcut menu click on the Properties.
    8. Click Compatibility tab.
    9. Deselect checkbox beneath Compatibility mode if it is chosen.
    10. Click on OK.
    11. Now you can open iTunes and play songs.

There may be some problem with the iTunes that is installed in your computer. I think that some of the files of the iTunes from your computer might me missing and that is the reason that you are getting the problems like this. So you can just try by installing that again. But before installing that, you should make sure that you have uninstalled the existing one from your computer and after doing that only, you will have to install that once again. I think that this is the one of the best way to solve the issue and there are more chances that this will solve the issue for you.

I am not very sure about this but this can be also problem because of the virus attack on your computer. If that is true then also you can get such troubles. You will need to install a good antivirus in your computer if you have not installed any in your case and then scan the whole computer with that. Before scanning, you should make sure that you have updated the virus definition of the antivirus that you are using. If that is outdated then it is possible that this will miss some threads form your computer and the issue will persist in that. You will have to clean all the files that come out to me corrupted. If that is not able to clean that file then you can delete that file also but make sure that this is not the system file. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.

You can also try to use the Windows debugging tools and see if that can help you to get out of the issue. If you want then you can click here and this will open the Microsoft page from where you will be able to download that. So download that from there and then install that on your computer. You will get complete instruction that how can you use that and what are the features that it provides you from the download page. So download and use that and see if that is able to help you or not.