Thread: File size shows 0 bytes in Media player 12

File size shows 0 bytes in Media player 12

I was having Ubuntu operating system on my desktop. Last night, I installed windows 7 operating system on another drive of my desktop. Also I installed all the necessary software and updated my drivers. After installation of all the software, updating driver my system was working fine but I am facing problem with my media player 12 while ripping the CD. After ripping the CD with my media player when I insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive all the files inside the CD are shown as zero bytes. I need solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: File size shows 0 bytes in Media player 12

After ripping the CD with windows media player if the file sizes inside the CDs are shown as zero bytes then in that case you need to check whether you have configured digital or analog rip. If you have selected to rip the CD with analog settings then you can change the settings to digital and then try to rip the CD. After ripping the CD you can then insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive and check the zero file size problems has been resolved.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given steps I have disabled the digital CD audio from the device manager and the ripped the CD. After completing the ripping process I inserted the CD into the CD-ROM drive to check the file size and the zero file size problems has been resolved. I wanted solution describing the steps to find the playlist size in Windows Media Player.

You need to follow the steps given below to determine the playlist size on windows media player:
    1. You need to start the windows media player by double clicking on it from the start menu.
    2. You need to select playlist option from the vertical navigation bar from the left size of windows media player.
    3. You need to select playlist whose size you want to determine. Select the playlist and click on "Open File Location". The playlist will be opened.
    4. Right click the playlist and select properties. Now the playlist size will be displayed next to size label.

You can solve the zero file size of CD after ripping it with windows media player by disabling the digital CD audio. If you are using analog ripping then in that case you need to make sure that analog audio output port on the CD-ROM drive is connected by a cable to the analog audio input on your sound card. You should also make sure that digital CD audio is not enabled by following the steps given below:
    • You need to start the system and enter into the device manager by right clicking on my computer icon from the desktop.
    • You need to select properties, by clicking on CD-ROM drive.
    • Click on the Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device checkbox to disable it, after doing this rip the CD and check if the zero file size problem exists again.