Thread: Playing .pls files in windows media player 12

Playing .pls files in windows media player 12

I was have upgraded my operating system to windows 7 on Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop. After upgrading to windows 7 operating system I have also updated all my drivers and also updated my Kaspersky antivirus with the latest update. I am having latest version of media player installed on my system for playing music files. I want to know about .pls file and also I need a solution which will help me in adding .pls file to my media player 12.

Re: Playing .pls files in windows media player 12

Pls file is special type of file format that are used for storing multimedia playlists. We can use pls file with iTunes, QuickTime Player, Real player etc without having any codec’s installed for them. If you want to use pls file with windows media player then you need to install additional codec for it to work. The steps to add pls files to windows media player are given as follows:
    1. You need to start the system and download the codec for pls file.
    2. You need to start the installation wizard to install the downloaded codec.
    3. After the installation is completed then you need to restart the system.
    4. When the system starts you need to launch the media player by double clicking on it.
    5. Select File menu and then click on open option. Now you need to locate the pls file on your system to utilize the information contained in your pls file and the audio will start playing.

I did not know how to play pls file. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to add pls file to my media player and after adding pls file it started working properly without any error. Last night, while playing a video in media player I am getting msvcr71.dll error from my media player and the video song freezes. I want a solution so that I can fix this error and video freezing problem is eliminated.

If you are getting msvcr71.dll error from the windows media player while playing video then you can easily troubleshoot it. The main cause of msvcr71.dll error is that the codec you have installed in your system might be interfering. You need to uninstall all the installed codec from your system. After the uninstallation of all the codec from the system, msvcr71.dll error will be resolved. If the error still exists then in that case you should check that you have uninstalled all the codec. If you are having Divx player, Cyberlink PowerDVD program installed then you should also uninstall it and check if the msvcr71.dll error has been solved.

If the issue of msvcr71.dll error hasn’t been resolved after uninstalling all the codec from the system then in that case you have an another option to solve this error. You need to make sure that the msvcr71.dll folder exists in the Windows/system32/drivers directory. If the msvcr71.dll folder doesn’t exist then you need to copy the folder and place it another Windows/system32/drivers directory. If the msvcr71.dll exists and still you receive error message then there might be a possibility that msvcr71.dll folder has been corrupted and in that case you need to have an antivirus which can scan and fix the virus from the msvcr71.dll folder