Thread: Media Center Live and Recorded TV sound is not working in Windows 7

Media Center Live and Recorded TV sound is not working in Windows 7

Hello friends, I am having a problem in my Media Live Center and Recorded TV where in there is no sound which is been operated in Windows 7. I wanted to know why it is not working in windows 7. Earlier I use to work this Media Center player live and recorded TV in the windows XP and Windows Vista where I did not find any such problem. The problem is that sound only does not work for media center live and recorded TV. It works for other programs. So, I think that definitely it is not an audio card or driver problem. The problem is something else only but what I am not still able to figure it out.

Re: Media Center Live and Recorded TV sound is not working in Windows 7

I also think that there is no problem related to audio card or driver problem. The problem is related to the settings in which I think that you might have changed or turned the turner mute. So if you change this setting then I think that you may be able to get through your problem. For changing the volume settings you need to double click on the icon windows master volume control which you will find on the taskbar. Then, after clicking you will find that there is options where you will find after click a properties click on that option and then again click on look for choice of mixer device. After that you see find an option where you need to click on select your tuner in which select all the boxes and then atlast after changing all this setting click on OK button to save the appropriate changes.

I think that the solution provided won’t work for Windows 7 as I had tried it did not work it will only work for windows XP. The reason behind not working is simply as when you double click on the master volume control there won’t be any changes. But, it works in case of windows XP. It is quite disappointing to know that it works for windows XP and in case windows vista it also performs much better than windows 7. I am completely sure that solution is not working in windows where it is working in windows XP.

I also agree that the solution is provided only works for windows XP only. I had also encountered this type of problem and got it fixed. You need to setup the TV tuner signal again which is the first step then you need go in tasks where in you will find settings and then go in general where in you will find the option of Windows Media Center setup and then click on Setup TV signal. Then you need to setup the speakers for that you need to again go in Tasks and then click on settings where you will find General option which you will find Windows Media Center setup where you will find Setup Your Speaker. This will setup the speaker and one important thing is that you need to set the cables correctly.

I had also same problem but when I tried this solution it really worked. It is supporting in Windows 7. I think that you need to try out this solution. This is will solve your sound problem in media center live and recorded TV. You need to first setup the TV tuner signal and then you need to setup the TV signal. This will get your sound back in Media center live and recorded TV signal. I will suggest you try this solution out this will solve your problem for sure.