Thread: How can I convert dynamic disk to basic in windows vista

How can I convert dynamic disk to basic in windows vista

My computer came with a basic disk which is separated into C and D, I have two different partitions. The operating system is on the C partition. But in this the problem is that basic disk become dynamic, with no option to reverse. So I aborted several options such as Recovery Management, back to factory state, and the like. My OS is Windows vista. Well, I read that to become a new basic disk would have to be the two partitions on white, and then convert it to basic, but the problem is that I cannot leave two blank discs, because I would load all the windows. So I think I would have to convert my external hard drive on the active partition and the computer and windows make everything is on my hard drive. If someone could help me, I appreciate it.

Re: How can I convert dynamic disk to basic in windows vista

It is made with DISKPART command (booting with OS not in the record). Execute the command in a console (command prompt) and type: DISKPART
    Select disk N (where N is the number of disk that we see in Disk Manager)
    Convert basic
    Exit
    You have to do only this much and I am sure that you will get solution after trying this.

No turning back on the conversion. The conversion back to Basic which implies that all data partitions are lost and must be created again. Besides the screen to make it warns. And external load disk are not bootable so you would better just to copy the data before the conversion. This should be done when installing windows (at least the commercial versions) ... but if you have an OEM is it in DVD? Tell me this as soon as you can.

In my case since each disk existed for certain characteristics. Or give me a clean install image which does not depend on the disc. This is what pisses me off the OEM's, an installation in any situation that is having the commercial Versioned Microsoft, then it modify it in this my question both as to the crap that incorporate software, which also tend to test and not only because obviously I receive some kind of message. So if any suggestion then help me.

I know that I will lose all my data, for the reason that I am also going through this but anyway, as it would go to basic. When I go into the partition manager I cannot pass a basic, so how would I? And then I install Windows if you did not come with CD, well I have a repair disk but do not know if it works. And I do not know that why it is happening.