Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iTunes 10 Home Sharing Help

Windows Software

Old 27-12-2010

iTunes 10 Home Sharing Help

Hi,

I am currently trying to use the Home Sharing feature on iTunes to transfer music from one library (the family laptop) to a new library (my new school computer). When I click "done" after entering the proper information, the home sharing icon just disappers on my both laptops. I have the proper "library search settings" on. The computers are connected on both the same wi-fi network and are connected by an ethernet cable. I am logged in with the proper account on both computers. Can anyone help explain this issue?

Thanks

Old 30-12-2010

Re: iTunes 10 Home Sharing Help

Have you checked the Firewall Settings. If you have a firewall enabled in your router or computer, make sure that the firewall is not blocking communication between your computers. Home Sharing uses TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353 to communicate with other copies of iTunes.

For Mac OS X 10.5 or later, you don't have to edit the port addresses, but make sure the firewall in Apple () menu > System Preferences > Security > Firewall are not set to:
  • Block all incoming connections
  • Allow only essential services

More information here - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,