Thread: FFMPEG fails to make thumbnails of the video files

FFMPEG fails to make thumbnails of the video files

I do not know what is the issue here with the FFMPEG of mine? It is actually serving me partially here and hence would like to know if there is a way by which I can make use of it to the full extent here. Please let me know the way of using it here. I had thought of using to convert the videos and then make the thumbnail of it but know I have seen that it can convert the videos to the format that I want but I have seen that it simply cannot create the thumbnail for it. I will be happy if some one here can help me getting this for me. I have tried all the things that I can from the internet but that too did not help me here. I have the CentOS running here and please let me know if there is a solution in this case here.

Re: FFMPEG fails to make thumbnails of the video files

On the CentOS please let me know what is the File Manager that you are using here. Well I think that if you will be able to let us know this we will be in a position to help you in the case of yours here. Regarding the CentOS I think that I will have to have a look at it and will let you know if I can come up with something in this case here. In the mean time can you come up with what I have asked for and also please keep the Root password ready with you as I am of the opinion that in this case you will be required to make use of it a lot. Waiting for your reply.

I am of the opinion that the FFMPEG that you have on your system is actually faulty here and hence you are getting the issue here. It will be really great if you can just make the installation here again and see if that can really help you here. Also I am saying this as I am of the opinion that while installing this here you might have missed on something really vital here and hence you are getting the error. Also in addition to this let me tell you that it will be great if you can have the update on this FFMPEG and see if that can resolve the issue of yours here.

Just follow the procedure here and let me know if at all you were successful in getting out of the issue. Here are the steps that you will be required to follow here:
    • Download and install the latest version of this FFMPEG here
    • Once you download this then extract it
    • In the folder you have extracted it you will have to provide the path for that to environment variable; well this is optional and if you do not want you can skip this step here
    • Now the VideoThumbnail processor has three options here viz. time_offset, geometry and whiny.
    • Now you want to make the thumbnails here and for that let me tell you that you will have to click on the Make option and let me tell you that it will start creating the thumbnail for the video there.

Try this and let me know if you were successful with this here.

Well FFMPEG is really an awesome thing that you should look for. It has very useful commands here with it and let me tell you that you will really like this here. To begin with if you want to have information of some video you can enter the following command ffmpeg -i video.avi; in order to make n number of images into a video you will be required to type this command ffmpeg -f image2 -i image%d.jpg video.mpg. You can use it for a number of things and hence I think that it will be really great to have this in your case here. See for the latest build of it.

Well creating the thumbnails with the FFMPEG is really easy and all you need to do is follow the steps here and then see if the is what you actually wanted to have here. Download a video and then for a trial just change the name of that video to test.avi; after doing this just type the following command and run it:
    f
    Code:
    fmpeg  -itsoffset -4  -i test.avi -vcodec mjpeg -vframes 1 -an -f rawvideo -s 320x240 test.jpg
    In the above command the number 4 is telling to create the thumbnail of the video at the fourth second. If at all you do not have FFMPEG and you are using DEBIAN then you can run the following command here:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
    Hope that after following the line of mine you will be able to get the Thumbnail in the proper manner.