Thread: Way to import AVCHD to Corel VideoStudio

Way to import AVCHD to Corel VideoStudio

I have bought a Panasonic AG-HSC1 few months back and there are some videos on this camcorder which I wish to edit a bit so that those videos cam become a permanent memories. As I am gonna use this camcorder again on new year bash, Before which I want to start editing an existing videos on it so that I can have enough space for new videos as well. This camcorder have made a AVCHD videos and I want to import them in Corel VideoStudio.

Re: Way to import AVCHD to Corel VideoStudio

AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) is a format which records high-definition video which utilizes MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). Comparing with the MPEG2, AVCHD video file are very much flexible to compress. You should start importing your AVCHD camcorder disc directly on the timeline of VideoStudio.

To import video from an AVCHD DVD camcorder disc:
    1. Once you've recorded your video on DVD disc from AVCHD camcorder, remove the disc from the camcorder and insert it into the DVD drive of your computer.
    2. Right click on the Edit step, select Insert DVD / DVD-R.
    3. Dialog box appears Select a DVD title.
    4. Select your DVD camcorder disc in and click Import.
    5. In the Import dialog box, select DVD video clips to add to the Timeline in? Disc label.
    6. Click Import. You can now proceed to edit your AVCHD video.

Corel VideoStudio Pro X2 Ultimate offers all the tools needed to overcome all caps when installing HD video. Whatever the source, tape, disk, camera or memory card, you can import and edit sequences useful video in all common HD formats including HDV, AVCHD, Blu-ray Disc and DOT. With a user-friendly, more modern, able to import from cameras and storage devices, offering Smart Proxy, a single command, VideoStudio allows easier video editing as much as it accelerates.

It would be better to edit the videos that are saved on the local hard drive as if you are edit or convert the videos directly form the CD or camcorder then it is possible that your video may get damaged and gets corrupted. You won't be having any backup of those videos as well so I suggest you to store all the AVCHD to the local drive and then start the Corel VideoStudio. Now click on the Add Video where you can select the one which has been saved on your PC's hard drive.

Here I have posted some good things about the VideoStudio Pro X2.
    • Enhanced! Smart Proxy: With Smart Proxy, you can refine the HD and SD content with ease, even on midrange PCs. To do it, that is to say, editing and previewing an HD project, VideoStudio Pro X2 uses files of lower resolution and therefore requires less system resources. At the final output, it restores the full resolution HD content original.
    • New! BDMV import: BDMV files are imported directly from Blu-ray camcorders. Result: the file transfer and handling of video editing projects are thereby greatly simplified.
    • Importing AVCHD : VideoStudio X2 important files directly from AVCHD camcorders with AVCHD HDD, memory card or any storage medium.
    • Fast encoding : Although easy to use, VideoStudio Pro X2 is no less a powerful editor. Taking advantage of the MPEG Optimizer, MainConcept H.264 codec and support for two CPUs and four cores, users do not wait to go on reading their CDs and DVDs.

Total video converter can import AVCHD video automactially, and it can convert and burn to DVD.