Thread: EraserUtilDrv - display up in Device Manager under Non Plug and Play Drivers

EraserUtilDrv - display up in Device Manager under Non Plug and Play Drivers

At the same time as cleaning up unused devices on my PC in the device manager (running Windows XP), I find the following set of drivers that are not being make use of. An internet investigates for what they were brought me to Symantec. The Symantec product I own is NIS. I am wonder if these drivers are previous, as well as know how to they be uninstalled. The drivers are EraserUtilDrv10741, EraserUtilDrv10820, EraserUtilDrv10822, EraserUtilDrv10910, and EraserUtilDrvi9.I as well has the EraserUtilRebootDrv. if you have any recommendation to this trouble please let me know. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: EraserUtilDrv - display up in Device Manager under Non Plug and Play Drivers

You be able to manually take away the entries in your initial list. The drivers be supposed to be cleaning up subsequent to themselves as a result I will like on the way to continue examine this with you. I recommend you take a System Restore snapshot. DO NOT take away "EraserUtilRebootDrv" entry.These left over entry will not encompass any consequence on your system stability or else Norton protection.

Re: EraserUtilDrv - display up in Device Manager under Non Plug and Play Drivers

I as well encompass EraserUtilDrv11010 as well as EraserUtilRebootDrv drivers. I am currently running Norton Internet Security 2011 on Windows 7 64 bit. These entries display up in Device Manager beneath Non Plug as well as Play Drivers (have on the way to view hidden devices).They are grayed out.Thank you in advance for any valuable suggestion.

The entry (which are in reality registry keys, as much as I be familiar with) have not been clean up appropriately by neither the Norton Internet Security /NAV default uninstaller nor by the NRT yet since as a minimum the 2008 Norton line.I have pointed out this problem (which does not source any visible troubles as much as I am sensitive), however no one has paid any notice until now. You do not yet generally observe these things except you add as well as enable DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES.

The grayed out ones are not overloaded, on the other hand, I do not be acquainted with whether beneath several particular conditions NAV/ Norton Internet Security would load the matching service. I would run off them alone.For some just their Legacy keys are present at:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\
    Appear in the registry. Furthermore there is no equivalent entry in:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
    The ones that are not grayed out are active as well as must not be uninstalled.

Thank you, I may include at the moment that the default uninstaller (which take away the whole thing checked) leaves, such as, the entry intended for IDSVix86 in the Non-Plug as well as Play Drivers, as well as Symantec Data Store slightly lower within the list (furthermore a couple further, these are just instance). The files that hold these drivers are at that time gone. A manual uninstall as of from the Device Manager prompt for a restart. After the restart, the entry are there no more.