Thread: .mov file container

.mov file container

I am fond of Quicktime. I usually use to play various music files on Quicktime. Usually Quicktime is being used to play .mov file. I really wanted to know about the .mov file. I have come here because many users might be familiar with the .mov file container. So I am asking you all, what exactly do you mean by .mov file and also how it works? I think you will really provide me appropriate answer on this. I am waiting for your answer.
    Last edited by Rufta; 25-12-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Re: .mov file container

Well before we start to discuss with .mov file container, I should tell you some points about the File container format. File container format is meta-file format which specifies you in what manner the data and the information is stored. Using container file program can identify whether the data can be decoded or not. So without the container file a program will not able to open the file. A program is also unable to open the file if it does not have necessary algorithm.

For .mov file container it’s simply great! Basically .mov file is an extension created by Apple itself. It has very simple design and has ability to mix with various other media. It is very easy use and you can edit video files with very less efforts. Benefits of using.mov files are, it has better support for the other file type and more compatible when you are using Quicktime. I hope this information will help you to know about the .mov file.

Well when you want to deal with .mov files you have to use Quicktime. It is a multimedia framework which is developed by the Apple. Formally it was integrated with Mac OS X. You can also download and install in to windows based system. In fact Quicktime is free to download on the internet. It has also support for the iTunes. While using .mov file on the Quicktime, .mov file supports MP4 files and multichannel audio. You can also use Quicktime to develop multimedia application for the both Windows based system or Mac. For your information there are various versions are available for the Quicktime. Latest version QuickTime 7 Pro is available on the internet.