Thread: Media Centre showing many copies of same channel

Media Centre showing many copies of same channel

Hi,
    I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista on my media centre computer. Now I am having two digital tuner which hare connected to the computer to get all the appetizer channels. All these was working well in windows Vista but unluckily at the present I have shift over to Windows 7 I am practicing troubles the Media Centre Guide. The problem is that I am having second copy of channels being listed to the guide. For an example there are 3 record of BBC1 but from that only one is working. I went to the media center settings and made them hidden but after some time it comes again. Can anyone help be to solve this issue?

Re: Media Centre showing many copies of same channel

You need to clean the database for Windows Media Player. You can follow the steps below to solve this issue.
    1. First of all exit Windows Media Center.
    2. If you are using Windows 7 then Click on Start > Run. In that you have to type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Media, and hit Enter.
    3. Choose every single file in the folder and after that click on Delete from the File menu. Don’t delete the folders which are in this folder.
    4. Now restart Windows Media Center.

After that Windows Media Center will rebuild the database automatically.

If it is not able to solve the problem then you can clean the database cache files for the Windows Media Center. If you want to do that then do the following.
    1. First you have to exit the Windows Media Center.
    2. For Windows 7 users, open the run box and type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft and press enter.
    3. Choose the Windows Media folder and after that click on Delete from the File menu.

Go through the steps below and this can solve the issue that you are facing.
    1. Click on the start button and press All Programs and select Windows Media Center.
    2. Scroll tasks and select settings from Media Center start screen.
    3. Click on TV > Recorder > Recording Defaults.
    4. Scroll to the Series only recording defaults section.
    5. You can do the settings according to your need and also delete the repeated channels.
    6. Click on save button and this will do the thing for you.

You can include me in this problem. I am also facing the similar problem with it. I have a condition where I have got to setup my TV channels in any case once a month because they sporadically fade away. This time however I encompass copy of channels. I cannot depend on them for recording. It is extremely deprived software development unit as well as QA testing. It must be since I have been reading as well as practicing these troubles for years as I was an premature adopter of MCE 2005. But now I am now losing the entire self-confidence in the software and contaminate it should be the any supplementary way as MCE integrates by Windows 7. There is obviously a trouble from Microsoft so why don't you admit this as well as sort it out subsequent to these years.