Thread: Windows 7: Simply accounting by sage stops working

Windows 7: Simply accounting by sage stops working

Hi all, I am having a laptop which was running under Windows XP previously. Last week I installed the Windows 7. It was a clean installation and I have also installed the simply accounting software on it. It was working fine for last week but after that it suddenly stopped working without any reason. I have not installed any other software after that. Please tell me that why this is happening to me. If you know the way to do that then please let me know. It will be a great help for me. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7: Simply accounting by sage stops working

Which version of the Simply Accounting software you are using? I think that you are using the older version of it and therefore it is showing problem while running. You can first try to uninstall and install it again to your system. If that is not able to solve the problem then the best way to solve this problem is to search for the latest version of it and install that to your system. I have seen a couple of other users with somewhat similar issue and where installing the latest version solves the problem.

I have seen the Sage's Windows 7 page and there I found that the Simply Accounting 2010 is only compatible with the Windows 7. If you are using Accounting 2009 then you will face some compatibility issues. So my suggestion to you is to use Simply Accounting 2010, if you are using Simply Accounting 2009. So search for this on internet and download that to your computer. So updating to Simply Accounting 2010 can solve the issue for you. I wish that this will be able to resolve the issue for you.

I was also having the similar problem that says "This data has been updated to a new file format and is now incompatible with this version of the software. Once you upgrade date to a newer version, it works with the new version only" When I try to use that. Firstly, I thought that it is the Windows 7 error but I would like to tell you that it is not the Windows 7 error. It occurs if you upgrade a Simply file to the new version of the software. Like if you have SA2009 after that installed SA2010 and you try to open your accounting file using SA2010 then it will upgrade the data file. If you have completed this then you cannot use that file in SA2009. Therefore you need to make use of SA2010.

As you told that it was running fine earlier, then my suggestion to you is to use the system restore to the date when it was running fine. There is a utility called system restore in the system utility. Open that utility and select the date when it was running well. Click on restore to restore the system to that day. It will take some time to restore, according to the configuration of the system. After restore it will boot the system automatically. After reboot you will find it working fine.

Thank you very much all for such a quick reply. I tried many things to solve the problem but all that were just waste of time. Finally I did the system restore and this solves the problem for me. So recommend all the users over here who are searching for the same solution to do the same and this will also solve the problem. But make this as the last option.