Thread: Microsoft Money for Windows 7

Microsoft Money for Windows 7

Hello everyone, I am using Microsoft Money 2001, Now I have changed my computer and operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. Now I am not able to use money 2001 into it. I do not know what to do. And Money 2007 will install but will not let me move files qif from 2001 to 2007 and find no Money 99, or 2001 for Windows 7 64-bit.!! So thought that you members will help me in this scenario. Do you think that there are some compatibility issues of Money 2001 with Windows 7. It would be also be better for me, if you explain me in details about the Microsoft Money.

Re: Microsoft Money for Windows 7

I think that you should first check that your application is compatible with Windows 7 or not. For that you will have to download the Upgrade Advisor Windows 7 to perceive if the Windows XP or Windows Vista you can upgrade to Windows 7. You can also use the Upgrade Advisor to observe if the Windows 7 can run a more proficient version of Windows 7. If your PC can run Windows Vista you may be able to run Windows 7, but also is a superior idea to utilize the Windows Upgrade Advisor 7. I am sure that this step will help you a lot.

To conclude product compatibility standing in the Compatibility Center, we mull over whether:
    • The product was honored the logo "Compatible with Windows 7" to designate that it meets the test of compatibility with Microsoft's Windows 7 to 32 bits and 64 bits.
    • The software publisher or manufacturer of the device specify that presently offer compatibility with Windows 7 32 bits or 64 bits. Please make a note that these products have not observed in compatibility testing Windows 7 Logo Program. For more information, break the company web site.
    • The software publisher or manufacturer of the device designate they plan to tender compatibility with Windows 7 32 bits or 64 bits at a specified future date. Microsoft offers this as an information service only. As the dates of compatibility can be distorted, check back for updates and stopover the company web site for more information.

Microsoft Money Deluxe combines the Microsoft Money personal finance management tools business. It is designed to help those entrepreneurs who want to manage your business finances and your home easily. Business tools to help you keep track of your expenses and income, bills payable and receivable, reimbursable expenses, time, inventory and more. Includes tools and information to help minimize taxes, keeping track of them throughout the year and making reports for the quarterly payment of fees. Money also provides contact management tools, helping to keep updated your billing information to customers and paying suppliers.

Re: Microsoft Money 2005 on Windows Vista

For those who want to use Money 2005 on Vista, can do so configure the software as it should, that is to say: Once installed Money 2005, you want the icon to:
    1. Start.
    2. All the programs.
    3. Microsoft Money, Right-click the icon.
    4. Click Properties.
    5. Compatibility tab,
    6. Check the box next to: Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    7. Check the box next to: Run this program as an administrator:
    8. Moving on the Security tab,
    9. In the box, Groups or user names, you must have 3 or 4 lines of names if
    10. you're the only user, or more if more users.
    11. Click on each name
    12. See for on the box below, permissions for Administrators, all boxes are checked for each authorized user, if this is not the case run 12 if it does run 13.
    13. Click the button, Edit, and check all the boxes for each name to allow, Except Special Permissions
    14. Click Apply.
    15. Click OK. At the opening of Money, if you see a message asking permission, run 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, then OK.
    16. Go on the Compatibility tab and uncheck Run this program as Administrator: the message will not appear again.
    I am sure that you too will get some useful things from this post.

I have the version of Money 2005 on CD and I was looking for since the end of March to pass the application on my XP system equipped with the micro to the one I bought in late 2007 and is equipped OS Vista home premium. ... unsuccessfully of course. I did a search on Google which led me to some points. I followed exactly the instructions given in two messages in succession and now it works perfectly. I then had to:
    1. Copy the file from the first computer to second in the Documents folder (with my USB key)
    2. Then, pointing to the file with the mouse and making a right click / send to / Desktop (create shortcut)
    3. Back to step 15 of properties of Money in the list of programs, and I quote "15 Go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck Run this program as an administrator: the message will not appear again".
    4. My Money file (xxx.mny) runs directly from the desktop of Vista.