Thread: How to make Juice compatible on windows 7?

How to make Juice compatible on windows 7?

I have installed Windows 7 on my phone but forgot that I require my podcasts. I use it to listen in to them as of the BBC etc every day on mp3 player. After installing Windows 7, I installed Juice that I usually use. When I tried to run it then it shows me error message that says:
    File "gui.py", line 11, in ?
    File "iPodderGui.pyc", line 3605, in main
    File "ipodder\configuration.pyc", line 469, in __init__
    File "os.pyc", line 154, in makedirs

Can you tell me anything that I can do to solve this problem? Thank you.

Re: How to make Juice compatible on windows 7?

You might attempt to run that program in XP Compatibility mode.
    1. Establish the executable file (.exe file) intended for the installation program.
    2. Now right click on the file and after that click on Properties.
    3. Click on Compatibility tab in the PackageName Properties dialog box,.
    4. Click to choose the Run this program within compatibility mode intended for check box and click Windows XP within the Run the program in compatibility mode for list and click on OK.
    5. Double-click on executable file to begin the installation program.

Program compatibility is nothing but the mode in Windows which allows you to run programs made for previous edition of Windows. The majority of programs that are written for Windows Vista as well work in Windows 7 but a few older programs may run badly or not run in any way. If a previous program does not run properly then the primary and easiest thing is to attempt is Program Compatibility troubleshooter. It can involuntarily sense as well as repair ordinary problems which prevent earlier programs as of installing properly. Run Program Compatibility troubleshooter through clicking on Start button and click on Control Panel. In search box you have to type troubleshooter and click on Troubleshooting. Go to the Programs and click Run programs prepared for earlier edition of Windows.

If you found that the troubleshooter is not able to solve the difficulty then you can undertake the following steps:
    1. Modify the compatibility settings for the program yourself..
    2. Go to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center online and discover if your program is well-matched through Windows 7 or to come across for fresh programs.
    3. Go online on the manufacturer’s site of your computer or else software to make sure for information that how can you build the program well-matched by Windows 7.

There are some points that you should note for troubleshooting the programs.
    • Do not make use of Program Compatibility troubleshooter for older antivirus programs or any other system programs, since by means of out-of-date programs of this kind may reason data loss or make a security risk.
    • A number of compatibility problems may be originated through drivers. If an old driver is reason for the issue then you will require update it yourself.
    • You can as well open Program Compatibility troubleshooter for that you have to right click on a program icon otherwise shortcut and after that click Troubleshoot compatibility.

The setup that you are using to install it may be corrupted and so it is showing you the errors like this. My suggestion to you is to search and download the setup for this from internet. Install it with the new setup. I am saying you this because it is possible that the setup that you are using is corrupted. Many of the times, reinstalling the software solves the problems with the software. I hope that this will do the same for you.