Thread: Is there anything similar to MS Visio on OSX?

Is there anything similar to MS Visio on OSX?

Is there any program for drawing diagrams on OSX similar to Microsoft Visio? As well as it would be most excellent if it is compatible by means of Microsoft Visio. A buddy of mine is seeing for an corresponding on Macintosh to Visio or else SmartDraw to draw plans for home development. I do not be familiar with anything regarding Macintosh, as a result would be grateful for any feedback on good software’s for this kind of applications.

Re: Is there anything similar to MS Visio on OSX?

I will recommend you to try OmniGraffle Pro from the Omnigroup. It is compatible by means of the Visio XML arrangement as a result drawings be able to be shared between the two that means I make use of it all the occasion, as well as the output make an impact on a lot of hardcore Visio users. Make certain you acquire the PRO report for Visio compatibility.They are as well about on the way to discharge an MS-Project compatible application named OmniPlan.

An additional important point on the way to keep in mind is that none of these applications suggest true Visio file compatibility with not importing or else exporting the Visio XML file backward and forward. Until Microsoft decides they desire on the way to perform a Mac version of Visio, this is the most excellent way to interoperate.I have make use of ConceptDraw V for a moment at the moment as well as it's not a bad application. Very simple on the way to make use of furthermore one that produces several nice output. As well as importing of Visio XML files is superior as well as they also have a separate program that be able to show Visio VSD files on the way to Visio XML for importing into ConceptDraw.

I will recommend you to try OmniGraffle Pro from the Omnigroup. It is compatible by means of the Visio XML arrangement as a result drawings be able to be shared between the two that means I make use of it all the occasion, as well as the output make an impact on a lot of hardcore Visio users. Make certain you acquire the PRO report for Visio compatibility.They are as well about on the way to discharge an MS-Project compatible application named OmniPlan.

An additional important point on the way to keep in mind is that none of these applications suggest true Visio file compatibility with not importing or else exporting the Visio XML file backward and forward. Until Microsoft decides they desire on the way to perform a Mac version of Visio, this is the most excellent way to interoperate.I have make use of ConceptDraw V for a moment at the moment as well as it's not a bad application. Very simple on the way to make use of furthermore one that produces several nice output. As well as importing of Visio XML files is superior as well as they also have a separate program that be able to show Visio VSD files on the way to Visio XML for importing into ConceptDraw.

I make use of Omnigraffle for scientific drawings. It be able to as well import Microsoft VISIO formed drawings saved as XML Drawing. It be able to also export on the way to a variety of formats including VISIO XML Drawing. Most excellent of all its freeware! You be able to acquire a serial number from their website omnigroup.com site as well as make use of the full feature product however it expires in a day as a result you require on the way to keep going back to the website unless you now leave the program open.

I make use of both ConceptDraw as well as OmniGraffle. OmniGraffle has a extra Mac-like experience as compare to ConceptDraw as well as is to a large extent suited to simpler diagram design work. ConceptDraw OTOH, has the capability on the way to import Visio files by means of the company's online utilities, has a further difficult interface, as well as downloadable modules. You be also able to attempt installing Visio on Virtual computer if you completely require PC compatibility and be able to stand the molasses-like performance.