Thread: How to Save scanned documents in a PDF format when using Windows Fax and Scan.

How to Save scanned documents in a PDF format when using Windows Fax and Scan.

At what time I make use of the Windows Fax and Scan, I am attempting on the way to scan a document as well as after that save it as a PDF file. What occurs is at what time I save it, it opens Adope Photo Shop furthermore will not give permission me save it as a PDF. How can I scan a document after that save it at the same time as a PDF in Windows 7?

Re: How to Save scanned documents in a PDF format when using Windows Fax and Scan.

I’m making use of cutepdf on the way to convert my scan jpg to a pdf. It’s a functioning solution however it has two troubles; it turn around the document 90º furthermore it does not give permission me bunch two or more pages keen on one pdf document.Steps for solution;
    1. Download as well as install cutepdf (its free of charge)
    2. View the jpg of your finished scan
    3. Print the jpg to the "cutepdf printer". It will prints a pdf file relatively than ink on paper.

Re: How to Save scanned documents in a PDF format when using Windows Fax and Scan.

At the same time as this is a bit not on time in respond, this is not an problem exclusive to Windows 7. I have the similar trouble as well as I run both Vista as well as Windows 7, both have the similar trouble. Essentially being Microsoft's sustained lackluster support at the same time as it 'moves forward'.HP offers an outstanding set of tools to function by means of their scanners, faxes as well as printers. This software will not yet INSTALL in Vista or else Windows7 furthermore there are NO 'drivers or else other support' on the HP side for Vista or Windows7. We are at the moment stuck by means of the Windows Scan/Fax tool which I think is greatly inferior as well as services us to acquire extra steps as well as open extra software to obtain what we may possibly do by means of pretty to a large extent a single click in windows XP.

Thanks for the suggestion.I have totally forgotten 'cutepdf' I have had a require for somewhat similar to that I had completely forgotten concerning it.Now if Microsoft would just offer a 'save as PDF' choice within their Scan/Fax tool thing would be as a result much nicer.Hope this may help someone looking for same thing.I will try this when I will be at home.

Hi,I am making use of HP 7400c by means of fax and scan. Yes I be able to scan into fax and scan,however be able to only save file types .bmp,.jpeg,.jpn as well as tif. For files tif's are vast files. Would be a great deal superior to save as multipage pdf's, is there several add on which place pdf's in to the files type catalog beneath the save as icon? I have attempted making use of a pdf printer however that is awkward as well as many key strokes on the way to accomplish the same.