Thread: Converting vcard to CSV file format

Converting vcard to CSV file format

I am having windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. I am also having an internet connection. I wanted to know if I can import vCard contacts and export to .csv file format. If yes then I need a solution in which the steps for converting the contacts from vcards to .csv file format are given.

Re: Converting vcard to CSV file format

Vcards is an electronic business card that you can to send other people by making use of email. After receiving the vcards the receiver can use many devices and email clients available for opening vcards. The steps to convert contacts from vcards to .csv file format are very simple. You need to open the browser and login into your email account. After signing into your account you need to export your contacts as vcard file into email client software. You can export the contacts from the vcards from the file menu and save the vcard in your computer system. Now you need to open the browse to the vCard to LDIF/CSV Converter page. Now you need to select the exported file from the saved location. If you are using Google Mail then you need to select csv from the format drop down menu. After selecting the file you need to click on the convert button and then save the newly created csv file. Now you can import the csv file into your email account and make sure that all the entries are in correct place.

I did not know about how to convert vcard to csv file format. From the solution provided above it was possible for me to convert vcard contacts to csv. After conversion I imported it into my email account to check if all the contacts are in correct place thus all the contacts are in proper place. I also want to know if I can convert contacts to vcards. I want to know if there is some software through which will help me in converting contacts to my vcards.

Vcards are sent to other people as an email attachments so that when the receiver opens it then he can easily view the contact details and add it to his own contact list. You can make use of Microsoft outlook software for converting contacts to vcards. You need to install Microsoft outlook and double click on it to open it. After opening the Microsoft outlook window you need to select contacts from the navigation pane so that it can open your contact list. Now you need to select the contact list which you want to convert to vcard. After selecting the contact click on Microsoft Office button and scroll down and then click on “Export to vCard File” button. You need to enter the file name for the vcard and click on save button to save it.

You can also make use of Outlook Express to convert the contact to the vcard. You need to login into the Outlook Express account. After signing into Outlook Express account you need to click on click on tools menu and then select address book. Select the contact that you want to convert to a vCard. Select file menu and then choose “Export to vcard” option and save the file. The contact will be converted on your vcard.