Thread: How to adjust the Rip Music setting to work properly in windows media player 12

How to adjust the Rip Music setting to work properly in windows media player 12

Under Tools option "Rip music to this location" field is blank. When I click "modify." nothing happens. No dialog, fault or no matter which other than the button blinking to recognize the click. I did shift my "personal folders" position to a drive other then C: drive. but I have established that they are properly mapped and that the "My Music" Library is "efficient" and is visible through the Files/Manage Libraries choice in WMP12. I have change library files, also try to deactivate WMP from the utility and features tool, restarted, run a registry cleaner, reactivated and the difficulty yet exists. I have established no way to do a clean reinstall. There are frequent additional references to this similar difficulty within MS's database but no solid solution. Please provide me some suggestions to adjust the Rip Music setting in my media player

Re: How to adjust the Rip Music setting to work properly in windows media player 12

I think that this is due to the directory where rip use to point out it no more present. Attempt rebuilding the trail to were rip used to point to (no require to take away your entire personnel folders just generate the path to were rip marked to then you can remove afterwards) , as soon as you have the right trail made, the rip conversation in WMP will demonstrate up once more and you will be capable to change it. Also distinguish this post, i appreciate from your question that you have complete most of this but distinguish my post at the underneath might provide you a hint as to where rip pointed to if you can’t remember.

Re: How to adjust the Rip Music setting to work properly in windows media player 12

I recommend you to perform the Media player troubleshooter. So I will suggest you perform Windows media player troubleshooting option. For this issue you require to start the troubleshooter by opening the start menu by clicking the Start button for the windows media player, afterward navigate to the Control Panel. Now go in the search box, and then Select the Troubleshooting option. Select the tab of the View all, and then select the Windows Media Player settings to change the setting for the Rip music.

You gave me a good suggestion thank you for that. No sooner I read your post then I memorize that I had removed all of the library position save where I required my songs to go. People practicing the empty rip location have almost certainly done the same. To solve the problem, start the explorer, below libraries, select the music tab by right clicking on it as well as click properties. Now be certain that your save folder of selection is set as your keep location. If it is not, select it and then click the "set save location" button. right away, the position showed up in the rip to box.

I have exhausted a lot of evenings currently searching and tiresome once more. This is an error, pure and easy. It is slack code that is not properly reporting and improving from an mistake situation and it wants to be solve. Temporarily, I have now give up and I am going in search of a bit that is written with additional integrity than Windows Media Player, and certainly something where the default directories are stored in the registry or in other obviously editable locations. If what I am considering here --- obfuscated, secretly store, uneducable configuration in order is distinguishing of Microsoft Windows mechanism and programs of the prospect then we are all in for a VERY awful time.