Thread: Enabling automatic update of iTunes

Enabling automatic update of iTunes

I am having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Few days before only, I have installed Norton antivirus program so that my system could be protected from virus. I am also having iTunes software installed on my desktop. I use to update my iTunes software manually and it was a pathetic job. I want to know if I can set my iTunes software to update it automatically. If yes then I need solution describing the steps through which I can set my iTunes folder to update it automatically.

Re: Enabling automatic update of iTunes

You need to update iTunes software on your system so that it iTunes software will be having latest update running. Below are the steps given to update the iTunes software automatically:
    1. You need to start the system and login into the system as administrator.
    2. Double click on the iTunes software to launch it. In the iTunes windows you need to click on the edit tab.
    3. You need to open the edit tab by double clicking on it. In the edit tab you need to select preferences.
    4. After clicking on preferences tab, a new window will pop up.
    5. Move your cursor to the bottom of the window and you need to click on “Check for Updates Automatically” checkbox to enable it.
    6. Click on ok button. Now the iTunes software will update itself automatically.

I did not know how to set automatic update for iTunes. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to set my iTunes to automatically update itself. Now my iTunes software browses for update and install it automatically. I want to know if I can set iTunes to automatically update the playlist on an iPod. If yes then I need a solution through which I can automatically update the playlist on iPod.

You can make the iTunes to update the playlist automatically on iPod very easily. The steps are given below:
    1. ITunes is a powerful application which is designed in such a way that it can be compatible with iPod. You need to download and install iTunes software.
    2. After the installation of iTunes software you need to update its library by filling songs in it. When you have updated the iTunes library, now you need to connect the iPod to the computer system.
    3. You can use the cord to connect iPod to the to the USB port of the computer system. After connecting iPod, iTunes will start to synchronize your iPod. Now you your iTunes software will automatically update the playlist on your iPod. After updating you can disconnect it from the computer system.