Thread: wmplayer.exe wrong version error for Windows media player 12

wmplayer.exe wrong version error for Windows media player 12

Generally I never use the Windows Media Player for playing media files on my computer but recently I tried to stream a Bluray to another machine which was in the Home Group. When I am opening the WMP 12 which I have installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system. I have got the following error.

The file wmplayer.exe has a version number of 12.0.7600.16385 where 12.07600.76415 was expected. Windows Media player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Re: wmplayer.exe wrong version error for Windows media player 12

I googled a bit because I wanted the canvas to install version 10 of Windows Media Player (WMP for short) is the penultimate version, the latest being 11. And, oh, surprise, it is necessary to accept and validate Windows with the Windows Genuine Advantage to use a version of the software exceeded.
    Microsoft will be a little hard on this one, not that I'm against the idea of validating that the version of XP that you are using is original, I mean "not hijacked".

The 2 User account, you dont need to try, because with the above reply you have the solution to the problem presented on a silver platter. By installing the Real Player, QuickTime Player and Super likely your DirectShow filter system installed have been broken "completely. Uninstall once the additional software and test if it works. If not - set up system to perform backup, and then install the components listed above to you by step by step to trace the culprits.

In addition, the Real Player and Quick Time Player installed, the Internet video (*. flv, *. mov, ...) and mobile phone videos are used, and the program "Super" I for the conversion of videos for mobile phones and PSP (*. mp4) need. Once the Media Player does not convert to *. mp3, I installed to replace the NR23-recorder, so I can convert, but I would not replace all the programs, just so I can do something. I would like to regain access to WMP.

I have given you some steps of solution which you may try to solve your problem. First of all close all Windows Media Player processes. Now open the cmd.exe from the Start/All Programs/Accessories. Now right click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator. Now execute the following commands:

• UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMPVERSION
    • UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMP

Now try restarting the Windows Media Player and the error must have gone now.