Thread: iTunes freezes at startup on Windows 7

iTunes freezes at startup on Windows 7

Recently, I have installed Windows 7 on my system. All the things are running fine but the only problem that I am having with it is the iTunes. There was no problem while installing it but when I tried to launch it then it freezes and cannot be proceed. I waited for about 15 minutes but nothing happens. After that the only way to close that which I consider was from the task manager. I opened the task manager and ended that process. I tried to run that many times but it gives the same result. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: iTunes freezes at startup on Windows 7

Before troubleshooting the problems like this, you need to check that whether this problem is with the specific user account or not. You need to create a new user account and see whether it solves the problem for you or not? Here are the steps to create a new user account in Windows 7.
    1. Select the control panel from the start menu.
    2. Now open the Add or remove user accounts
    3. Click on create a new account and after that follow the onscreen instructions.
    4. After completion of opening new account, you should select logoff and login with the newly created account.
    5. Try to run the iTunes and verify that if the problem exists.

If you observe the similar problem in the recently formed user account then proceed to the System-wide troubleshooting.

I think that you need to make a new iTunes Library. To do that you need to go through the steps below. I hope that these steps will solve the problem for you.
    1. Open the iTunes by holding the Shift key. This will prompt you to select iTunes Library.
    2. Select create Library for creating a new library. In a new window you will be asked to choose a place to keep the new iTunes Library.
    3. Click on save and iTunes will open library which is created now. When you close iTunes then you can all the time choose the original library with Shift key while opening iTunes.

Many of the times, I have seen that the Internet Security software which we use to protect our system can cause the problems like this and many times it makes the iTunes to stop unpredictably. You can try to disable the antivirus installed in your system for sometimes and then try to launch the iTunes. If that solves the problem then you can change the settings for the scans. Also update the virus definition for it.

There may be some other programs which are running in your system and that is conflicting the processes for iTunes. This is making the iTunes to freeze. To check that you can press alt + ctrl + Del and this will open the task manager. Click on the process tab and this will list all the running process. You need to end all the unnecessary process from it. After that, again open the iTunes. This time it will open without any problem if it is due to conflict of the other processes.

Improper installation of the iTunes may also cause the problems like this. You can uninstall the iTunes that is installed in your system and install that again. If possible then this time you should install it from a new copy of the setup. I hope that this will solve the problem for you. Install the QuickTime again because it may also give the similar problem if not installed properly. Good Luck!!!