Thread: Windows Media player 12 does not update the library in windows 7

Windows Media player 12 does not update the library in windows 7

I currently installed the windows 7 on my computer. I generally used the windows media player for playing the media files in my computer. But it has not able to update the library in windows 7. Windows Media Player 12 won't able to update the library when I put in a music file to the library, in addition when I remove a file from its comprising folder the Windows media player doesn't take it away from the records. So anyone help me out from this problem your assistance in much needed.

Re: Windows Media player 12 does not update the library in windows 7

1. Shut the Windows Media Player for a minimum 30 seconds
    2. Select the Start Menu button as well as go to the run box.
    3. Type the subsequent into the textbox:
    [list]%userprofile%\neighboring Settings\Application information of Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer
    4. Select the OK button as well as a folder viewing you your documentation files will come into view
    5. Remove all the files that finish with .wmdb
    6. Now start the Microsoft Media Player 12
    7. Press the F3 Button
    8. Choose the position for your media player files
    9. WMP will reindex your music
    Last edited by sergioKomic; 24-12-2010 at 04:21 AM.

If every these steps recommended above doesn’t perform to close Windows Media Player 12 discontinue all current performing services and undertake to open : "C:\Users\"Your Username" \AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer12" and remove each of the contained files (maybe duplicate them to an additional folder for a support).After that open Windows Media Player12 you will need to open and press the F3 and the library index performs how it is believed to work out properly to update.

I couldn’t yet to do the SFC examination, several administrator errors in command line. I leave out to the subsequent part of the clarification and couldn't past step 3 moreover. I determined to manually investigate for any .wmdb files and remove them. This worked!

1. You will need to go start menu and select it.
    2. Choose the Computer from option mentioned.
    3. In above, right-hand place explore box type .wmdb
    4. Remove every .wmdb files
    5. You will need to open the windows media player.
    6. and then press the F3 to update the library.

I had the identical trouble and by deleting the momentary files, it worked effortlessly from there on. I have a dissimilar difficulty but it's with Windows Media hub. When I make the most of my windows media center, it turns out to be very sluggish. As i attempt to scroll downward, the reply is extremely slow. Though, when i create windows media center smaller, it works fine. I don't identify why this is occurring. Is there any answer? If so please assist me. Thank you. I attempt verdict solution on my own. When i disabled the simulation characteristic from setting > common, it was standard in full screen. although, I don't akin to disable the animation characteristic. What can i do to build windows media center standard once more? I would actually be thankful for the help.