Thread: CD won’t rip in Windows media player 12

CD won’t rip in Windows media player 12

Few days before, only I have updated my operating system to windows 7. I have also installed windows media player 12 on my system. My system was working fine but the problem arises when I want to rip the CD. When I want to rip the CD I insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive and after inserting CD into the drive when I start the media player and try to rip then I face problem. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem so that I can successfully rip the CD.

Re: CD won’t rip in Windows media player 12

If you want to rip the CD and you are facing problem when trying to rip the CD using windows media player then you can troubleshoot this problem very easily. The problem might occur because the CD might be damaged or scratched. You need to follow the steps given below and the problem of ripping may be solved.
    1. You need to start the system and double click on windows media player to launch it.
    2. In the windows media player you need to select Tools/ Options/ Devices. In the devices window you need to select CD/DVD burner and then click on the advanced button.
    3. You need to click on the “Use error correction” checkbox and click on the ok button. Try to rip the CD and check if the problem exists again.

You need to check the drivers installed for CD-ROM /DVD-ROM in your system. If you system is not having the latest driver for CD-ROM /DVD-ROM then you might face problem in ripping the CD. You need to download; install latest drivers and the problem will be resolved. To install the driver you need to go to control panel from the start menu and then choose device manager. You need to click on the “+” sign next to "DVD/CD-ROM Drives. You can then select the drive and the select update. Your system will download the latest driver for your driver, the problem will be resolved and now you can rip the CD easily.

I was having problem when I use windows media player to rip the CD. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have resolved the problem and now I could successfully rip the CD. I want to convert VCD to CD but I am unaware of the steps to convert it. I need a solution describing the steps so that I can concert VCD to CD successfully without any errors.

VCD is similar to DVD which has both audio and video. The steps to convert VCD to CD are given below:
    • You need to start the system and open the CD-ROM /DVD-ROM. Insert the VCD into the CD-ROM /DVD-ROM drive which you want to convert into CD and then close the tray.
    • You need to open windows media player after inserting VCD into the CD-ROM /DVD-ROM.
    • Now you need to click on the “Rip CD button” to copy files from VCD to computer. After copying the files you will get message such as “Ripped to Library”.
    • Now you need to remove the VCD and then insert the blank CD into the tray.
    • Launch media player and then click on “burn” button. Now you need to select video which you have copied from the VCD.
    • Click on start button so that the files could be burnt to the CD.

If you are facing problem while using windows media player for ripping CD then you need to verify that the database within the windows media player is not corrupted. If the database is corrupted then you can resolve it by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to go to start and then select run window.
    2. In the run window you need to type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player” and press the ok button from the keyboard.
    3. You need to select all the files from the Media Player window and then delete it. After deleting all the files you need to exit the media player and restart the media player. After the media player you can try ripping the CD and check if the issue exists again.
    4. If the problem is not resolved then you can resolve it by clearing the media player database cache files. The steps to clear cache files are given below:
    5. You need to go to start and then select run window. In the run window you need to type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft” and press the ok button.
    6. You need to select media player folder and then delete it. Window media player will automatically rebuild the database. Restart the windows media player and the issue with ripping the CD will be resolved.