Thread: Transferring music to windows media player from limewire

Transferring music to windows media player from limewire

I was having Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop on which I have installed windows 7 operating system. I have also updated my media player. While browsing the internet last night I found some new songs on limewire. I downloaded those songs from the limewire and now I want to add those songs to my windows media player library but I am unaware of the steps to add it. Therefore I need a solution through which I can add those downloaded music files to my media player library.

Re: Transferring music to windows media player from limewire

Limewire is the most popular website across the internet, through which we can browse, download music files easily. So you can download the music files from the limewire and update your media player library. You can manually or automatically configure your media player as new music files are downloaded. The steps to manually add music files to media player library are very simple. You need to launch the media player by double clicking on it. Then you need to open from the file drop down menu. You need to browse to the location where you have downloaded the music from limewire and then click on add button. Music files will be added to the media player library.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to configure my limewire application so that it can automatically add the downloaded files to windows media player. The limewire application is now adding files to my media player automatically. Also I want to know if I can transfer music from limewire to winamp. If yes then I need a solution so that I can add my music files from limewire to winamp.

Winamp is an alternative for media player which works on windows platform. Just as you have transferred files from limewire to windows media player in the same way you can transfer files from limewire to winamp. The steps to configure winamp are given below:
    1. You need to double click on the winamp player to launch it. Select view from the winamp window and then select library.
    2. Click on file and then select “Add Media to Library”. Now you need to browse to the location where music files are saved and which you want to transfer.
    3. After selecting files click on ok button to add to the winamp player. This will transfer all the music files to the winamp player.

The steps to configure limewire so that I can automatically transfer music files to windows media player are given below:
    • You need to open limewire application installed on your system. After the limewire window is opened you need to click on the limewire drop down menu.
    • You need to select preferences from the limewire application. After selecting preferences from the limewire window another application will open.
    • You need to click on savings button so that it will show different option to save the files after it has been downloaded using limewire.
    • Now you need to click on browse button so that you can locate music folder of your medial player. You need to select the folder where you want to save the downloaded files of limewire application.
    • Now you need to click on apply button so that all the changes made should be saved.