Thread: Troubleshooting 1603 error code of HYSYS software

Troubleshooting 1603 error code of HYSYS software

Recently I have switched myself from desktop to Acer Aspire 4310 laptop. I have installed windows 7 operating system on it. My system was working fine before performing the installation of HYSYS software. Whenever I try to perform the installation of HYSYS software I am getting 1603 error code and the installation could not be completed. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and install the HYSYS software.

Re: Troubleshooting 1603 error code of HYSYS software

If you are getting 1603 error code while performing the installation of HYSYS software then you need to check the compatibility mode of the software on windows 7 platform. If the HYSYS software is not compatible then you need to install it in compatibility mode. You need to locate the setup.exe file right click on it. You need to choose properties and select Compatibility from the contextual menu. You need to choose the version of windows and then you need to click on the “Run this program in compatibility mode” checkbox and run the installer to check if the 1603 error code has been resolved and the HYSYS software has been installed.

You need to make sure that the short file name creation is enabled on the target machine on which you want to install HYSYS software. You can check that the short file name creation is enabled by browsing to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/FileSystem/ NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation. The value of NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation must be set to 0. If the value is set to 1 it means that the short file name creation is disabled and you need to enable it. After enabling short file name creation you need to restart the system and launch the setup again to check if the 1603 error code exists again.

If the issue of 1603 has not been resolved by emptying the temporary folder, setting the windows installer to automatic then you can resolve this issue by downloading and installer latest version of windows installer. After installating the windows installer you need to update it with the latest version. The installation of latest version of windows installer with latest update will fix the 1603 error easily.

If you are getting 1603 error code which displays “FATAL ERROR” message then you make sure that the startup and temporary folder in the system are emptied. When the system starts many programs start automatically and run in the background. The unwanted programs may interfere with the installation and result in installation error. You can empty the temporary folder from the system by going to the start and then select run window. In the run window you need to type “%temp%” and hit the enter key. A list of files will be displayed in the temporary folder then you need delete all these files. After deleting files from temporary folder you need to restart the system. After restarting the system you can try installing HYSYS software and check if the issue exists again.

HYSYS software is developed by Hyprotech Company. HYSYS software was designed so that it can be used for chemical engineering, oil-refining plant processes etc. We can make use of some additional tools which will help us to learn HYSYS software easily. If you are getting 1603 error code while performing the installation of HYSYS software then you should set Windows Installer service to automatic. The steps to make windows Installer service to automatic are given below:
    • You need to start the system and select run window.
    • In the run window you need to type “services.msc” and press the enter key.
    • You need to select Windows Installer from the services list.
    • In the Windows Installer properties you need to set it to automatic in the startup type list and then click on apply button.
    • Click on ok button and then start the installation of HYSYS software again to check if the problem persists again.