Thread: Cannot uninstall iTunes” Network Resource is unavailable” error code

Cannot uninstall iTunes” Network Resource is unavailable” error code

My desktop is connected to the office network using LAN connection. On my desktop I am having Microsoft windows XP service Pack 3 installed. I am also having iTunes software installed so that I can play songs. Few days before, there was virus attack on my system due to files of my iTunes software got corrupted. I wanted to uninstall iTunes software so that I can install fresh copy of iTunes software which was corrupted due to virus attack. When I tried to uninstall iTunes software I am getting “The feature you are trying to use is in a Network Resource that is unavailable” error and the uninstallation could not be completed. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Cannot uninstall iTunes” Network Resource is unavailable” error code

If your system is connected to a network then you need to be sure before performing any installation or uninstallation. If you are getting “The feature you are trying to use is in a Network Resource that is unavailable” error code during the uninstallation then you need to check that the ITunes folder exist on the network. If the iTunes folder does not exist and still you are forcing the uninstallation then you might get this error.

If you are getting “The feature you are trying to use is in a Network Resource that is unavailable” error code while performing the uninstallation then in that case you may need to check that the folder exist on the network. If the folder exist and still you are getting ““Network Resource that is unavailable” error code” then in that case you can make use of Windows Installer Clean Up utility. This installer utility will help you in uninstallating the iTunes software without any error. After the uninstallation you can install the reinstall the iTunes software again.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have made use of Windows Installer Clean Up utility for uninstallating iTunes software. I have uninstalled the iTunes software without any error. After uninstalling the iTunes software, I restarted my system and tried installed the iTunes again. While installating the iTunes software I am getting 1618 error code. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

If you are getting 1618 error code when installing iTunes software then you can resolve it easily. The steps to solve this error code are given below:
    1. You need to restart the system because some software requires restart. After the system is restarted you can retry installing iTunes software.
    2. If you are getting 1618 error code then you need to go to the Start and select run window.
    3. In the run window you need to type “regedit” and press the enter key from the keyboard.
    4. You need to browse to the “"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress” option and delete all the entries from them.
    5. Again you need to go to the “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\PendingFileRenameOperations" and delete all entries within them.
    6. After deleting all the entries from the above two location you need to restart the system. After the system reboots you can try installating iTunes application.

what do I do if its not on the network