Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error "need 64bit installer" while installing itunes on Windows 7

Windows Software

Old 24-12-2010

Error "need 64bit installer" while installing itunes on Windows 7

Yesterday, I was trying to install the iTunes on new computer which is running windows 7 on it. I was having the old iTunes 32 bit version which is installed on my old Windows XP. Now I have downloaded the iTunes 64 bit. When I tried to install that then it shows me the error message that I do not have 64 bit installer but I think that I have that. This is the first time I am facing problem with the iTunes so I don?t have much idea about this. Please help me friends.

Old 24-12-2010

Re: Error "need 64bit installer" while installing itunes on Windows 7

Have you uninstalled the 32-bit iTunes? If you have not done this then you need to uninstall it first and reboot your system. After booting, again try to install the 64-bit iTunes. There is possibility that the earlier installed iTunes is opposing the installation of the new one. Many of the times, I have seen that this is the problem in these conditions. So try this and this can resolve the issue.
Old 24-12-2010

In some uncommon cases, it might be needed to take away every trace of iTunes like QuickTime as well as other associated software components from computer before installing iTunes again. You can use the Control Panel for uninstalling iTunes along with the associated software components in the subsequent order:
  1. iTunes
  2. QuickTime
  3. Apple Software Update
  4. Apple Mobile Device Support
  5. Bonjour
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
You might observe different alert messages If you do uninstall it in any other order otherwise just uninstall definite components.
Old 24-12-2010

I think that you have downloaded some other version of the iTunes. You should use the latest version of the iTunes. If you are using the older version of it then you may get the problems like this. Click here and this will let you to the apple site from where you can download the latest version of it. There are more chances that updating the latest version will resolve this problem,
Old 24-12-2010

There may be some viruses in your system that is creating problem while installing iTunes. You should install any good antivirus in your system and scan the system with that. Make sure that you have updated the virus definition before scanning. If it detects any file as corrupted, then clean that file and if cannot clean that then delete it but before that you should confirm that it is not a system file.
Old 25-12-2010

It can be the operating system that you are using that is corrupted and giving you such issues. So to fix this solution, you have to repair the system. Take the bootable CD of the operating system and insert it in the computer. Restart the system and boot the system. When it ask for the type of the installation then you have to select the option for repair. it will replace all the corrupted files and solve the problems for you.
Old 14-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Burgess View Post
Yesterday, I was trying to install the iTunes on new computer which is running windows 7 on it. I was having the old iTunes 32 bit version which is installed on my old Windows XP. Now I have downloaded the iTunes 64 bit. When I tried to install that then it shows me the error message that I do not have 64 bit installer but I think that I have that. This is the first time I am facing problem with the iTunes so I don?t have much idea about this. Please help me friends.
you can download the 64-bit for windows here

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,