Thread: Calendar View reminder does not pop up on desktop at startup

Calendar View reminder does not pop up on desktop at startup

Hello everyone, I am new here to the Windows 7 because I had installed it in the previous week. The problem here I get is that I am unable to look out for the Calendar View reminder. I had downloaded Works 9 and I am unable to get the calendar view reminders to pop up on my desktop during the startup. It shows the message once but now it doesn’t show any kind of message. Can somebody help? I truly need this application. Thanks you.

Re: Calendar View reminder does not pop up on desktop at startup

What you try is to first verify the Settings of the Program, where you encompass an alternative to enable it by starting the program even as Windows is starting. If the problem still exists, then you do is uninstall and reinstall the program totally which will display the message you to enable at startup while installation is on progress. If the problem get persists, then you may visit Microsoft Office forums for additional support.

I am also having this sort of the problem but now after a lot of searching, here is the solution: (1). Close all the application and then navigate the mouse button on to the Start button, from the given set of options click on the All Programs, in that right-click on to the Startup Folder, and then lastly click Open. (2) Open the place which includes the thing that you desire to make a shortcut to, this would be wkcalrem.exe. (3) After that right-click on to the item, and then tick the mouse icon on to the Create Shortcut options. Now you will appear the new shortcut into the similar place as the original item. Note that this might not work you out. If you are asked to put the shortcut on the desktop, then do that. (4) Drag the shortcut into the Startup folder in which is in the step 1 above.

Although I got my reminders to work once again, there are some periods when I get the Error messages that tell me that Microsoft Works has encountered a trouble and I need to shut down. The reminders will not work until and unless I restart my system when this takes place. No idea what is causing it either. All I did is that, I copied the WKCALREM symbol into my startup menu. For several cause, I have TWO of these icons. One doesn’t appear to do any of the things; apart from one with the little arrow at the top is the one that I placed into my startup menu. It works for the majority of the time, other than that of while I obtain that faulty message. I don't know what Microsoft tell us to do, but all I did was, COPY the file, and then PASTE it into the startup menu. Hope this helps you out some.

You require Microsoft outlook running to get reminders. You can locate the calendar to be the start up folder, although you'll get reminders whether or else not the calendar is the start up folder. OR What about merely placing the shortcut into the startup menu with the alternative of minimized, as a result it starts but is not drowning the screen, or just purely locate it in the startup, let it open as thought you launched it.

Very first check out for the virus or Malware through the antivirus software application. Also check and ensure the settings for the application properly through the settings. Might be there is the problem with the settings for the calendar view remainder. If you are still facing the issue then better try to uninstall and install the application that will surely help you to enable the pop up message.