Thread: Windows 7 and vmware workstation 7

Windows 7 and vmware workstation 7

I have installed on my HP EliteBook 8530w Windows 7 Ultimate EN 64-bit. Now I wanted to install VMware Workstation 7.0. The installation process worked without problems. I would like to register, however, happened with my account no. That means that I can enter my PW and press Enter or enter a wrong password, it's nothing. Then I have my Windows 7 start in Safe Mode and then disable it through msconfig, the following entries:
    Services:
    -VMware DHCP Service
    VMware-USB Arbitration Service
    -VMware NAT Service
    Boot:
    -Vmware-tray
    Have I made, I start my Windwos 7 in the "normal" mode and can register again. Is this a problem with VMware or Microsoft? Does anyone have any idea? VMware would need very much on my laptop.

Re: Windows 7 and vmware workstation 7

So it seems there is always the problem with HP laptops and W7 Ultimate 64-bit (We already operating in the third). So for this I have one solution you just try it in this you have to disable it and run the services VMware Powershell script if necessary or let the service start-up delay. In order to fix this I have worked in that way and I got the solution so just go for this.

I agree with Ingo - start the VMWare services only when you need them - still remain for me (since you are speaking of a user account) 3 questions still open: I've installed VMWare Workstation 7 as a full version, including license and no update from 6.x or a W7-prerelease? The installation of VMW-W7 was made in the context of the "Administrators" and not with a user account which you had assigned temporary admin rights? The user account that you want to use is to work with VMW-W7 not in the group of local admins - correct? The most common problems in the commissioning of VMWare products are rights issues to services and files.

Yes and no, the VMware license key vmware had to be "updated". The installation is a full version of VMware WAS 7 with the nine-generated key.
    1. The installation I have "run as administrator" does. UAC is turned on with me.
    2. The user is in the Administrators group.
    3. The idea with the VMware services start after a successful registration is OK.