Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to configure Forefront TMG

Windows Software

Old 23-12-2010

How to configure Forefront TMG

I am about to install Forefront TMG 2010 my server is set up my configest:
modem adsl@192.168.1.1
tmg my server is equipped with two network card: WAN => @ 192.168.1.2 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 DNS ATI
LAN => 10.10.10.10 @ 10.10.10.1 Mask 255.255.255.0 DNS
I need help in configuring my server tmg and my adsl is mandatory to set dmz to pass the traffic directly on the server tmg? I need then how to configure the client computer; How to create rule that blocks MSN, Facebook and YouTube?

Old 23-12-2010

Re: How to configure Forefront TMG

To configure the modem just through the initial wizard to define the network card as External ADSL modem and the other card as Internal. To configure the client there are several possibilities:
WPAD via DHCP / DNS
Auto discover through Active Directory with the thick client
Manual configuration of the browser in the proxy section
To manage the Internet access is happening in the Web Policy nodes to filter by category of site you can use the Web Protection but watch this module is subject to a license called declarative.
Old 23-12-2010

Looking for the same question. And in this I just want to say that it is mandatory to my adsl modem in DMZ mode so that traffic will go directly to the server tmg? You are able to give me a solution how to Lionel my modem? And I needed to some sample web access rule? So if anybody have quick solution for these issues then please help me.
Old 23-12-2010

I have one trick but regarding this I am not very much sure. So if you want then you can go for this. All you need two network cards on the server TMG:
  • One for the LAN
  • An Internet
By defining the network adapter dedicated to internet as External Forefront TMG will set up everything you need when you create a rule via Web Policy wizard dedicated to this purpose.
Old 23-12-2010

Thank you for your reply, but I did not understand exactly what here you want to say. I need a basic configuration of my server with the TMG web access rule. Whatever solution you have given over here is not essential then to put my modem in bridge. But even though I am confused with this issue. So if anybody has proper solution for this then please help me.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,