Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to make changes in parental Control configuration

Windows Software

Old 23-12-2010

Unable to make changes in parental Control configuration

I have parental control installed on my system. Everything was fine but stopped working a moment ago. So regarding this I have checked the account of my kids, block exit IE and displays the error "parental control service is unavailable or not responding. This means that the Parental Control service is not running or not responding. Try again later. If the problem persists, restart the computer or contact your administrator. " So tell me any suggestion in order to get rid from this issue.

Old 23-12-2010

Re: Unable to make changes in parental Control configuration

Try this instruction I hope this will help you:
1. Change the parental settings for the account of children those coming from administrator account, and also change settings I think after that it will fix this.

2. Create a new account, and check this whether it is working on that or not

3. Try the option of restoring the system
Old 23-12-2010

Whatever you are saying over here I have tried that and in that I got this:
  1. Change the parental settings for the account of my children coming from administrator account, but after changing the settings I get the error "Unable to make changes to parental control settings. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator ".
  2. Create a new account, but I get the same error
  3. I tried the option of restoring the system to a date 2 months ago, before the problem occurred, but the error persists
Old 23-12-2010

Are you using the Windows Vista Parental Controls or you are using Windows Live Parental Control? If you use the Windows Live service for Parental Control, try to remove this and reinstall it. If you use the operating system, try changing the type of account manager drawbacks to restart the computer and change it again to see if you can re-access.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,