Thread: Unable to see attachment in Outlook 2007

Unable to see attachment in Outlook 2007

I am facing very strange problem with my Outlook 2007. When I send message to particular Domain with attachment of Doc file it does not appear in the attachment.PDF attachments are working fine. I also tried to send message to myself by Outlook 2007 the Doc file does not appear. I have searched for the solution on the Goggle but no results are found yet. If anyone have clue about this problem please let me know.

Re: Unable to see attachment in Outlook 2007

I think this was happening due to malfunctioning of MIME. Email content would be incorrect. It would be multipart/ related and multipart/mixed. RFC 2387 provides the way of using multipart/related. multipart/related are specially handled by the Exchange. All the attachments are inline. Inline attachments are hidden from the attachment list and can be access from the message body. Clients like OWA have ability to determine whether the message have inline attachment by analyzing its message body. If the attachments are not found then they are fixed into attachment list. Other client like Outlook will manage the attachments in what way the attachments are marked by the exchange.

Well according to your problem I can suggest you to ideal way to compose your message. Multipart/Reated means that all the individual parts of the message is sub part of the entire message. Multipart/Mixed allows you to send different type of content. You can create message body by using Text or Html. You can also add inline attachments. You can also add any normal attachment such as Doc file.

I am providing some steps to enforce multipart/mixed in your Outlook. This will help you when you are receiving message to a particular domain. Open Exchange Management Console. Select Organization Configuration and go for the Hub Transport Select New Transport Rule from the Action Pane. Type a name for the Rule. If the address contains the specific word highlight that word. You should type“domain.com” click add. Click on Ok after click on Next Select “set header with value click the darken “header” text. Write Content-Type then click Ok. Click the darken “value” text select multipart/mixed click Ok. Then click Next.. Click Next on the “Exception” Page. On “Create Rule” page Click on New after Click Finish.

Well I was also facing the same problem from past few days. I found the solution while searching on Google. To solve this issue you have to check your E-Mail in Outlook Web Access So that you can find the inline attachment in your E-Mail Messages. You can easily check and download the attachment. When you work with Outlook Web Access you will not see the paper clip icon which determines whether the attachment is present on the message or not