Thread: Unable to connect Outlook on Windows 7 Platform by RPC over HTTP in Exchange server 2003

Unable to connect Outlook on Windows 7 Platform by RPC over HTTP in Exchange server 2003

I am using Windows XP and Windows Vista installed in my Computer. Also I have installed both Office 2003 and Office 2007. I also have Exchange 2003. Outlook Express and OWA is working fine. My Outlook is configured to connect by HTTPS. When users try to connect Outlook in window7 they are unable to connect. Our work is pending from past few days. Please tell me the appropriate solution. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Unable to connect Outlook on Windows 7 Platform by RPC over HTTP in Exchange server 2003

Well please clarify the answers of the following question. I hope this will help you to solve your issue .Which version of operating system and office you are using? Any error occurs when you attempt to connect RPC over HTTP? You should also check event log. If it is possible reply those errors in the next post then only I can give you some solution. I hope you will post me those errors as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to connect Outlook on Windows 7 Platform by RPC over HTTP in Exchange server 2003

I have some very simple tricks to troubleshoot your problem. Please check and confirm whether you have correctly configured RPC over HTTP. Please make sure that authentication mismatch is occurred. Please check whether SSL Certificate is installed on your RPC proxy server. You have to also verify the communication problem between the RPC over HTTP. I will be really happy if the above mentioned suggestions help you.

Well I was facing the same problem. I was searching on Google read to edit the registry. You have to use Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00. to edit the registry..[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\RPC]"EnableRPCTunnelingUI"=dword:00000000. It really worked for me .According to your situation it may work for you. If it does not work you can go through other forums also. All the best

Another solution I can give you where you have to again work with the system registry. First of all you should remove Group Policy. If you have system policy then it should be removed after you have to do the following entry in to registry. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover. I am providing you next registry detail HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover This entry should be deleted from the registry. Note that Your System domain administrator will delete the registry.