Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Failed to save word documents because it is opened

Windows Software

Old 23-12-2010

Failed to save word documents because it is opened

Hello, I have some problem with the Microsoft office 2007. I have created three users accounts in my computer. Whenever any of the users try to save any word documents then it will give the error that says: "Word cannot save this file because it is already open elsewhere". I given many tries to it but it show me the same message again and again. Please tell me that how can I solve these problems.

Old 23-12-2010

Re: Failed to save word documents because it is opened

Message clearly says that it is opened somewhere. Though you cannot see that but it is there in your system. Or it is also possible that some of the application is using that file. lf you want to check that then go to control panel. For this, press alt + ctrl + del. This will open the task manager. Click on the process tab and this will list all the running processes in that. End all the processes that are not required for you and after that save that project. This time it will save it without any problem.
Old 23-12-2010

There can be some trouble by means of the installation of the outlook. There are a few files which are lost from the system which is desired for the outlook. So all you have to reinstall it again. Uninstall it you’re your system and install that again. It will generate new files for it and can resolve your troubles. You should make use of a new copy of the installation since if the setup is degraded then the trouble will continue and you will obtain the similar outcome once more.
Old 23-12-2010

If your system is affected by the virus attack and if it has affected the files for the MS world then it can create these issues. You can install good antivirus software on your system and scan your system for the viruses. If it detects any infected thread then you can clean that file and also can delete that but it should not be the system file. This should be your first try to solve this problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,