Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot activate Streets & Trips 2010

Windows Software

Old 23-12-2010

Cannot activate Streets & Trips 2010

I have got a Lenovo laptop system , I had bought it one and half year back . I use windows 7 operating system installed in my system I am facing some sort of issue with Streets & Trips 2010 I had just installed on my laptop two days ago but get a dialog box that states that prompts some sort of error code , it states the volume of the legal license copy is not installing , I also ran in the administrator mode but came up with the same error code so please tell me how I can get my issue resolved. I had upgraded my laptop 4 months back.

Old 23-12-2010

Re: Cannot activate Streets & Trips 2010

Well if you are thinking that you are facing this issue because of the upgradation you made in the recent, well I do not think so. I think you might have downloaded that tool from , and you said that it is asking for some sort of key but let me inform you that The MSDN edition is pre-pidded, ie you will not be needing any sort of key, so what you can do is you can try download and install an application called as MapPoint of 2010 version , I think this will surely solve your issue.
Old 23-12-2010

I think you need not do anything but just download the 'downloader' exe from the MSDN Web site. When I executed it, I chose c:\temp, which is by default a download place , but in its place of initiating the download, I encounter an error message: "Error_8: The drive root is an invalid location." I have downloaded about 5-6 dissimilar software from MSDN and then after that I never encounter that error. I still downloaded the 'downloader', attempted several various directories so that I can save into it , but still could not get rid of it.
Old 23-12-2010

As a side note, I just issued this issue to the MSDN-AA support peoples, I downloaded MapPoint again and it worked for the final time . I had tried downloading MapPoint once more, and this time it did work. Will update after installation. The download of the 1.78gb file consumed hardly few seconds only a few seconds, making me believe that although I encountered with an error previously , that the download had taken place in the rear end somewhere .You can follow the same to get your problem fixed.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,