Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting duplicate channel in Media Centre In windows 7

Windows Software

Old 23-12-2010

Getting duplicate channel in Media Centre In windows 7

I have upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7 on media center. now I have pair of same digital tuner connected to the PC to receive all the review channels, this was all working fine in windows Vista but nowadays I have move over to Windows 7 I am experiencing problems the Media Center Guide. The Issue is that I have duplicate channels being listed in the guide, and have to delete that entry. What should I do ? should I do manually delete multiple channel?

Old 23-12-2010

Re: Getting duplicate channel in Media Centre In windows 7

In this case advice to set again setting again and take system restart to take an effect or try to install software again to reduce duplication channel in media center .You could try re-setting the guide by re-running the guide setup wizard. If this still fails, you could try deleting the EPG folder (C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\home\EPG) and then running the guide wizard. while doing this will erase your existing guide data. Just save your setting after installing media center.
Old 23-12-2010

To resolve this problem, clear the Windows Media Player database. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Exit Windows Media Center.
2. who have Windows 7: Click Start, click Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Media, and then click OK.
3. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.
4. Restart Windows Media Center to take an effect.
Note Windows Media Center automatically rebuilds the database. if you follow this I think your duplication entries error get deleted and everything all right!!
Old 23-12-2010

I will suggest you to try the following steps
Remove Windows Media Center configurations
1. Press Win + R to open Run, copy "%Program Data%\Microsoft\E home" (without the quotation marks) to the Open box and press Enter.
2. Rename the EPG folder to EPGbackup and mediacenterdatastore.db file to mediacenterdatastore.old.
After that I suggest you reset the Windows Media Center. Delete temporary files so to take effect.!!!!
Good luck!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,