Thread: Error 0x8ac70907 Windows Live Messenger hangs with webcam

Error 0x8ac70907 Windows Live Messenger hangs with webcam

I have installed the Windows Live Messenger on my Windows 7 laptop.There is no problem for using the MSN but it was the case when I was not having a webcam at my place. Recently I have bought the new webcam which works perfectly that I have confirmed already. I am not getting that what is the problem with the Windows Live Messenger as it gets hanged whenever I connect my webcam to it. Does anybody has any idea that why it directly freezes for using the webcam?

Re: Error 0x8ac70907 Windows Live Messenger hangs with webcam

I had exactly the same problem here is the solution that worked for me:

1. Re-register msxml3.dll. Click Start, Run, Copy and paste this:

Code:
    Regsvr32% windir% \ system32 \ msxml3.dll
    2. Click OK. You receive a message indicating whether this step was successful.
    3. If it fails, go to the next step and if successful, reboot the pc. Reinstall MSXML3.
    4. Click msxml3.msi at the bottom of the page and follow the wizard instructions to complete installation.
    5. Restart the computer and log on to MSN Messenger.

Here I have provided you an another solution which might be working for you. First of you have to click on the Start button to open the Run search bar after which you have to type regedit in the bar to open the Windows registry. Now click on the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" and then on the Software. Now click on the Microsoft and then "MSNMessenger". Here you have to select for the Policies and then Delete it. Now reboot your machine and then try to connect to the Windows Live Messenger.

There could be some problem with the USB drive that you have installed on your windows machine as I am assuming that most of the webcams are connected with usb port where if it does not gets the proper support by the drivers then it needs to be updated in order to make the connected device working. I suggest you to install the updated the drivers of all the hardwares that you have connected with your windows machine as windows operating system is the most simplest thing to get tweaked up from its registries which may show some kind of problems in future.

Have you ever tried to do a repair of Windows Live Messenger? Because this week I had the same bug as you have! I have fixed it by going to config panel. -> Add Remove Programs -> Windows Live Messenger -> change then you choose repair and you restart your PC it will pass it on. This procedure have solved my problem but I am not so sure that it would be solving your problem as well as your problem might be arriving due to some other reason.