Thread: Security Center shows only disabled on MS Security Essentials

Security Center shows only disabled on MS Security Essentials

The installation of the MSE goes well, the first update went well and the first scan performed error-free. Nevertheless, the Security Center was always a warning that no anti-virus system is installed. The next day, the next reboot and everything was fine, that security center did not answer. Today a message from the Security Center. This time it reports a disabled MSE, although the MSE is shown in beautiful green tray icon next to it. The old tricks, once real-time protection turned off, turned on again, or manually update done nothing! Microsoft does not recognize his own software ?

Re: Security Center shows only disabled on MS Security Essentials

Try the following approach. Press Start - Run – CMD. Where you give now net stop winmgmt (Enter) Go into the directory C: \ Windows \ System32 \ wbem and rename folders to the repository in Repository_alt. Restart your computer. MSE should now be recognized. Only this much you have to do in order to get solution for this query.

Hello, before you had installed a different antivirus program? If so, what was it? Look under the following registry entry to see if there any reference to a different antivirus program present. If so, please remove this from the system. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Security Center / Trusted Apps]

No entry, no key or value by that name in the registry. Today MSE was once again recognized. Only the first few minutes after the start of the message was displayed. And I was facing this issue but after trying this solution which you have given here my issue get resolved. So I am suggesting others also that if you are going through the same situation then just try it. I am sure that you will get the solution.