Thread: "Your computer is not properly configured to access the internet" error while installing office 2010

"Your computer is not properly configured to access the internet" error while installing office 2010

I am using a dell desktop installed with windows 7 recently i was trying to install the office 2010 on my system it resulted in to an error "Your computer is not properly configured to access the internet" error while installing office 2010". Please tell me how to go about this error. i would really appreciate your help.

Re: "Your computer is not properly configured to access the internet" error while installing office 2010

It is quiet difficult to understand why are you getting this error since the installation of office 2010 application does not require any sort of internet connection. Try to mention if you are getting this error while downloading the office 2010 program from the microsoft website or you finished downloading without any error.

Re: "Your computer is not properly configured to access the internet" error while installing office 2010

It seems as your internet connection is not working properly and hence you are getting this error. So it would be better if you try to make the internet connection stable before you start the installation of the office 2010 application on your system. If you can't then ask the Service provider to do this.

Thanks for replying me. But after a thorough examination of my system i found that all my system and internet connection are running absolutely fine without any sort of error. Can you predict some other reason behind this error. If possible try to suggest a solution to solve this problem. Thanks in Advance.

First of all i would like you to make sure that you have donwloaded the application on your system correctly. After this Disable the third party fire wall and antivirus application (if any ) installed on your system. Finally Perform a clean boot mode and then try installing the program in this clean boot made this will surely help you to solve this problem.

As far as i know you can get rid of this error if you try to install the office 2010 application in the clean boot mode. Follow the step which i have mentioned
    below:

1. Open the start menu and select the run and type "msconfig" and press Enter.
    2. Now select Continue for verifying the permission
    3. Go to the Services tab in the new window. Check the checkbox besides “Hide all Microsoft Services” option and select Disable All.
    4. Click Disable All After switching to the services tab.
    5. Finally click OK and save these settings and restart the computer when asked
    6. Double-click setup.exe in the installation files and try to install the Office program again.

I found, that if you choose the "click to run" option you will get the error message, as it transmits data over the internet connection to process the download. However, if you choose the 32 or 64 bit download, you will not need an internet connection. You have to click the "advanced" options before downloading to ensure you are in fact downloading as opposed to running over internet connection.. I hope this helps others.