Thread: How to troubleshoot with MS Word and PowerPoint 2010

How to troubleshoot with MS Word and PowerPoint 2010

I am college student and I need to do project as per my studies and for that I have upgraded my office from 2007 to office 2010. In this I am facing problem with power point and word it getting problem in opening its not opening anymore. Excel, access and outlook is opening but only the problem with word and power point. I had paid for this office and getting this type of problem is really frustrating. Now I want to some help from you, if anybody have solution the please let me know. I am using this with my operating system windows 7.

Re: How to troubleshoot with MS Word and PowerPoint 2010

I think its problem with your operating system. You can solve this by start your computer in safe mode. For this first remove CD or USB like external devices from computer. Then start your computer and while starting if you have installed only one operating system then keep pressing F8 button. Then you will get advance button option screen on monitor, from which you and select safe mode by clicking on it and enter on it. Now log on in computer with admin rights. By using safe mode it will remove your error in office and then you can check your office word and power point.

This problem can occur because of Mak activation issues. For resolving this follow some steps.You will need daemon tools; registry key is stopping the hardware ID from being obtained and CD emulation software. Then click on start then run and enter there regedit. Then use the registry key.HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Find REG_MULTI_SZ type UpperFilters. Now click twice on UpperFilters and to value data .On top of the list add PartMgr and click on ok. Now reboot your computer. Start office2010 and follow the popup on the screen. It will solve your Mak activation problem and you can use your word and power point easily.

In your operating system there is inbuilt fixit utility is available. For this follow some steps. Put and then open the folder, where drive which Word is installed: %programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office. The normal place is program files but the Word application may be installed in another place on your hard disk. If this is the scenario, navigate to the place where the Word application files are installed. Click Right- button on Winword.exe, and go in to Properties. Select the Compatibility icon, tap to remove all the check boxes, and again click on OK. And now launch your office again and check.