Thread: How can I protect the iMac from malware?

How can I protect the iMac from malware?

I am using the iMac system from the last couple of years but I recently came to know that the apple products are been attacked by malware and that too on frequent basis. The first thing that I need to know here is that is this thing is true if yes then how. I am unaware of any type of security software or in short I haven’t installed any kind of software that will protect my system from such viruses and malware. Now please let me know how I can get rid of the malware and what kind of software will help me out.

Re: How can I protect the iMac from malware?

Yes it is true that the Apple products are normally attacked by the malwares. Actually the malware is nothing but the software which is designed to secretly access the computer information and that too without the owner’s permissions. Actually this software is associated with the applications that we download on the system and once the applications is run on the system then the software also get into existence basically it tries and steal all the important information of the data and then will automatically transfer it to the desired location. Then any one can misuse this information.

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to use the antivirus to remove such malware. Actually the thing here is that once the virus get installed on the system then it automatically expands itself and the only thing that will help you to remove the same is the antivirus. So what you have to do here is that just download the antivirus and then just install the same on the system. And once the system is scanned then it automatically removes the virus. I hope that this will make you understand how it actually works.

I have gone through your problem or rather I would say it as the concern towards the system and it seems to me that I have a better option for you which are nothing but Norton. The Norton antivirus is the best5 in such business and it will also easily compatible on your system. So what you have to do here is that you have to download the updates antivirus on your system and then install the same on your system. And then you have to scan your system and get rid of the viruses if any.

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to go with the iAntiVirus . The iAntivirus is the freely available and you can easily download the same on you imac without any compatibility issue. Here are some of its features that will help you to know this in detail:
    • This will provide you the variety of option that will help you to perform the multiple scans and in the way you want.
    • It provides you the Real-time protection which protects your iMac against the infectious stuff in real-time. It helps you to detect the same and then move it to quarantine
    • It provides you the automatic updates and tells which files are infected and asks whether to move it to quarantine or not.
    • It uses the low memory space and also the resources used to scan the system are less.
    • I am sure that this will definitely help you out of the case.

Hello, there's something basic you can do to keep your iMac from malware, which are listed here - http://www.apple.com/macosx/security/
    YouTube